Walk on walls

NOXAS1

They'll probably remake AOE1. I hope we're done with 0 A.D. before they do. There's been a lot of hype about a lot of RTS games, but none so far have captured the ancient age in the imaginations of gamers quite like AOE1. If they do it, let us hope they take it along the route of 0 A.D, with perhaps some other new features.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll probably remake AOE1. I hope we're done with 0 A.D. before they do. There's been a lot of hype about a lot of RTS games, but none so far have captured the ancient age in the imaginations of gamers quite like AOE1. If they do it, let us hope they take it along the route of 0 A.D, with perhaps some other new features.

I hope they do, I'm not so sure though, all these people are pushing for AoM and AoK. I keep telling them "That's nice, but AoE 1 is a classic, it needs to be redone especially with all the changes in gaming, RTS games, graphics and computers over the past 10 or so years."

Edited by Silver

They'll probably remake AOE1.

You think? So what is your opinion about that drawing included in the instructions booklet of AoE3 that showed five eras, where the first referred to AoE1, the second to AoE2, the third to AoE3, and then it had a fourth with a modern soldier and a fifth with a robot?

You think? So what is your opinion about that drawing included in the instructions booklet of AoE3 that showed five eras, where the first referred to AoE1, the second to AoE2, the third to AoE3, and then it had a fourth with a modern soldier and a fifth with a robot?

That's what I saw. Of course they could always change plans, and it'll be tough to out do Company of Heroes, but I think they'll probably try at some point.

And, I know there is a lot of clatter for AOE I, AOK, and AOM, but since when has Esemble Studios ever listened to fans anyway? :banana:

I agree Scipii. Esemble will probably pull of something of that nature. Though the RTS realm of games-in fact, any realm of gaming-needs more WWI. WWII is so overdone it isn't even funny. I can probably count all the WWI games on my right hand.

WWI would be fun, especially with the extensive strategic options one could have. Trenches, machine guns, tanks, tank barriers, barbed wire, gas attacks, cavalry, armored cars, etc.

I am fairly certain the 5th image was a Spartan from the "Halo" universe. "Halo Wars."

Well, there's nothing wrong with Halo being the "future", is there?

If you knew what was happening to Halo Wars you'd be worried too.

We're talking Inexhaustible (It doesn't even overheat) Weapons on the other side (Covvies), punching Mechs (Horrible Idea), and Spartans on a Converted Resource Ship (WTF)...

Edited by Scipii_Alemanus

Well, there's nothing wrong with Halo being the "future", is there?

They already have Halo Wars and WW1 & 2 are overdone, unless they can think of a really original way to have an RTS for WW1 and WW2, I would prefer they work on something completely different or a remake.

The Entente? The only one I think that's worth mentioning

Most other games failed at making a WW1 RTS worth mentioning.

It's a big risk especially with only 1 successful game.

I'll have to take another look at that artwork, but the soldier screams WW2. (Checked and it does)

I think the next game will be a remake and there are different indications about my guess:

1) the first age of empires was realesed 10 years ago and it was the most wrong age of empires( no formations, no proportion between buildings and soldiers, ridiculous naval warfare, no historic accuracy).

2) Sandy Petersen( lead designer on age3) has said some time ago: " the world is ready for another game set in ancient time " ( you can read this in the agecommunity.com ( ASK SANDy's section)..Sandy also loves the roman history very much...Actually he is working on unannounced project and he is very happy to work on it... ( so 2+2 =4)