Walk on walls

NOXAS1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah could it be made that if a wall exist from two thin wall that are unthrough-walkeble and if there is a character between it, the height of the char would be increased and where are ladders one of the thin walls would be open so the char could enter the wall. (making a picture)

wall.jpg

Edited by EmjeR

that from AoK is only possible with 2D Isometric games not with 3D games.

they used this trick: they se a square from 2 by 2 where people can't walk and then they set a pic of a cliff on it and that it looks like people stay higher as they stay after the cliff.

but if u do this in a 3D game it just looks like a normal wall where u cant walk on :)

with stronghold 2 it's possible to walk on the walls.

• 2 weeks later...

I think someone on Aok heaven once mentioned that someone from Ensemble Studios said (not exactly directly from the source but anyway...) that they tried siege towers in Aok but found that they made the player build rings of walls. I, however, think that they could still work even if units can't walk on walls.

As for a difference from rams, rams should take awhile to tear down a wall and all types of units can go through afterward; a siege tower takes you right over, but only allows infantry... Not exactly the same thing.

I think someone on Aok heaven once mentioned that someone from Ensemble Studios said (not exactly directly from the source but anyway...) that they tried siege towers in Aok but found that they made the player build rings of walls. I, however, think that they could still work even if units can't walk on walls.

As for a difference from rams, rams should take awhile to tear down a wall and all types of units can go through afterward; a siege tower takes you right over, but only allows infantry... Not exactly the same thing.

The funny thing is, players STILL made rings and rings of walls in AOK. lol

Stronghold 1 and Crusader are running on the same engine with a few graphical enhancements.

Stronghold 2 upgrades and is slammed for being incomplete.

Stronghold Legends is basically S2 with a couple more additions. People didn't buy this one so much due to S2.

Back on topic. Would it be possible to make walls Garrison-able and have their garrisoned anim as archers on the wall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

stronghold crusader was a fun game. First game I played where Horse Archers could really pull of what they were meant to do, and first game where besieging a castle was actually realistic and fun. Actually, it was the first game where you could actually BESIEGE a castle at all.

Yeah, though, walking on walls. Always wanted that in AOEI, II, III...

Not a help any that walls will be obsolete by AOEIV...