Multiplayer

Apomonomenos

I was wondering;

Will there be multiplayer mode in the game (A stupid question, since I;m mostly sure it's yes)

How will it be played (Like AoM multiplayer with rooms and ready)

Will it be like an RPG mode (Like AoEIII homecities)

And what else will there be? Don't give it all away, but give us a sneak preview :) .

Ok, can see that you're worried then :)

Rest assured that the game will have multiplayer though, as far as I've heard it's easier to implement than making a good AI too (ok, true, haven't played many games with a really good AI, but anyway something relatively good ;) ), so if either singleplayer or multiplayer would have to be missing I guess singleplayer would go :lol: (A really huge disclaimer so no one takes that wrong: We have every intention of providing both singleplayer and multiplayer for 0 A.D.) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't know about removing singleplayer, but I strongly think you should keep both, because what if a player hasn't ever played a Civ Game (slim possibility, but Possible) and they need tutorials? That wouldn't be good for publicity (Think about it, guy 1 says "How was 0 AD?" Guy 2 says "It sucks! There's only multiplayer on it so all the nerds pwn me on multiplayer because that's the only mode!")

But that would be sort of good for me if there's only singleplayer. I always get stuck on singleplayer and after about 2-3months on Easy mode I go on multiplayer and get pwned and never play the game until about a year (except if it's really good). (y)

Edited by Alexthegod5

Rest assured that the game will have multiplayer though, as far as I've heard it's easier to implement than making a good AI too

So true. AI is one of the hardest if not the hardest part in the making of a game. Multiplayer is much easier and it's much more fun (usually.).