Cheats?

Apomonomenos

As far as modded cheats and stuff like that: We can't control what is modded into the game. That's up to you guys and other modding teams. But as far as what I, as the Art Dept Lead will allow be put into the game will be 100% original work, conceptualized and created by our staff. :) So, no Darth Vader cheat. No Starship Enterprise. No Godzilla. And no Hulk Hogan. ;)

@Alex, re: minotaur

Very nice suggestion, m8! :lol: I think in all we'll have 10-12 cheat units. We'll also have a bunch of extra units in the editor for you guys to play with, mod, or use in your scenarios.

Here are some cheat units on my short list. I will post this disclaimer: They are not finalized in the least and most of them haven't even been touched yet.

• Tyrannosaurus Rex (woohoo)
  • Utahraptor (these guys ate Velociraptors for lunch)
  • Challenger 2 Tank (Britain's main battle tank)
  • UFO (flies around quickly, startling the puny humans)
  • Ninja Woman (she is nimble, uses dual katana blades)
  • Medusa (homage to Age of Mythology)
  • Minotaur (homage to Age of Mythology)
  • Space Shuttle Challenger OV-099 (rolls around on its giant crawler)
  • Giant Ant (an homage to Red Alert:Counterstrike)

Ninja, woman and two katanas? What a combination. :)

Katana was actually two handed weapon. It was used _only_ by samurai class with wakizashi as backup weapon or for indoor combat as katana was too long to be used there effectively. katana was clearly symbol of the class and none else was allowed to carry it.

Although, some reports about women as ninjas exist, I guess, that ways they were performing assasinations were different. I think, that they mostly did poisoning and others rather than use martial arts.

I know that this cheat is just for fun, but it clearly falls oof the path of realism 0AD is walking as other cheat units are real (to some extent).

Also, I'm getting bored by B class movies like those about Xena or so. They are silly. Please, don't make 0AD same hit.

Well, I know there are Japanese swords with shorter blades, I am just ignorant of their names. :) Perhaps she can use Sais instead? And about "realism"... is it realistic to have UFOs, Minotaurs, and Giant Ants? They're cheat units. Mucho fun. Perhaps male and female ninjas.

Edited by Mythos_Ruler

• 2 weeks later...

I think people are forgetting to suggest what the cheat "code" for all these cheat units is going to be.

Tyrannosaurus Rex - King of jurassic

Utahraptor - prince of jurasssic

Challenger 2 Tank - Boom boom

UFO - we don't come in peace

Ninja Woman - eastern female weapon

Medusa - hissing hair

Minotaur bull fighter

Space Shuttle Challenger OV-099 - Race to the moon

Giant Ant - big six-legger

Hope these suggestions are good!