the 'acies triplex' also used by ai?

Thijs_Razor

There are set formations for troops.

Eg: Hoplites: Phalanx

Macedonian Pikeman (name): Syntagma

Legionaires: Testudo

Cavalry: Wedge

We know that. My question was about whether the ai will be able to use this 'acies triplex' battle order (not a formation(!) but an organisation of several groups of units into a lined up battleready army.) too or not. I hope it won't be simply something only a human player can 're-enact'...

I'm aware of the fact that battles in the Age Of Kings were more than often straight forward and very simplistic, without order and battle lines (all was chaos). It would be a great asset if the ai can utilize this battle order when it's playing the Romans. And since this game is being created from scratch I wondered, why the hell not?

Edited by Thijs_Razor

I call this the "mosh pit" style of game play. It pretty much sucks as a game play dynamic, if you ask me. :lol:

Never bothered finding out what 'mosh pit' actually meant. Now I know it I find it even funnier :)

However still haven't got the answer. Will the ai be able to use this tactic or will there only be one battle line with skirmishers/archers in the back? (I can imagine that complex ai tactics á la Total War series is hard to achieve in a game like this)