YAY!

Justinian

• 2 months later...

Are you sure?

I like it because commercial games are usually very inaccurate. Of course, that there must be some compromise to not to make it simulator, but I like it because I think, that it will look very real.

Another advantage for me is, that it will run on Linux. I'm inprocess of kicking Windows to place where back turns to legs and games are quite an obstacle to this.

Actually, fact that it is freeware is for me disadvantage.Software can be simply more free than freeware.

Also, I'll soon finish my studies and will find job, so fact, that it costs nothing will not be that advantageous.

I'm attracted to this game because AGe of EMpires I was the first game i ever played, and this game is based on AOE SEries.

+ I love history !

+ It's free

+ other games about this period were Turn based ( Rome total war) or not good ( ANcient wars, sparta), ...

Actually, turn based system is necessity in larger scale games.

I'd like to see anybory to manage economy, lead armies, fleets and fight battles in real time.

Battle 200 x 200 never happened in history as it would be regarded as slightly larger skirmish at best. That is why 0AD and AoE series don't need to be turnbased.

Also, turn-based isn't than inaccurate. Ever played Jagged Alliance 2 or Steel Panthers? None of these can b considered inaccurate. Especially SP is considered hardcore and thus unsuitable for mainstream.

Also Total War games pretty accurate if it comes to gameplay (and with some good mod it becomes most accurate strategy).

Edited by Belisarivs

Actually, turn based system is necessity in larger scale games.

I'd like to see anybory to manage economy, lead armies, fleets and fight battles in real time.

Battle 200 x 200 never happened in history as it would be regarded as slightly larger skirmish at best. That is why 0AD and AoE series don't need to be turnbased.

Also, turn-based isn't than inaccurate. Ever played Jagged Alliance 2 or Steel Panthers? None of these can b considered inaccurate. Especially SP is considered hardcore and thus unsuitable for mainstream.

Also Total War games pretty accurate if it comes to gameplay (and with some good mod it becomes most accurate strategy).

Amen to that! :)

The main reason I'm not playing Europa Universalis games is because everything is happening at the same time. It makes the game very chaotic and there's little to no time to actually get an overview of the things that are happening or simply focus on something when the time is running.

Edited by Thijs_Razor

Knights of Honor allows you to have only 8 Marshals. You need traders for income, spies and counterspies and so. So you will end with 4 armies. It is nothing compared to MTW1 or 2 where you field much larger contingents.

Also, KoH had quite a poor AI in sieges. I had no problem to conquer any walled city.

• 2 weeks later...