Dawn of Fantasy Embassy

Ex-T

Hey guys.

Resuming the good old Embassy tradition.

And I want to mention that we are very happy to see your progress, course it`s been so long since u guys release any screenshots, and we really didn`t know what was happening with 0ad. And these two screens you posted thus far look very impressive.

Best of luck to our sister projects, the revolution of @ home development begins here:)

We`ll have a gameplay video out in a day or two, but for now here are some screens from the upcoming video.

newshot2.jpg

newshot1.jpg

newshot12.jpg

newshot4.jpg

newshot5.jpg

newshot9.jpg

newshot10.jpg

newshot6.jpg

newshot7.jpg

newshot8.jpg

newshot11.jpg

newshot14.jpg

newshot13.jpg

newshot3.jpg

Oh, and before we get flamed, these screenshots feature old, very simple animations (we have these remade now). The new grass system is not in-yet, so the map is pretty much bold. And map design is far from done (no eye-candy)

Hmm. Impressive screenshots. Reminds me of a mixture of Shogun, Warcraft III and the town segment of 3DMark... (y)

Here's a (possibly silly) question for you: Are you gentlemen working on this full time at the moment? I can't seem to find an answer on your website.

Looking good guys!

Hey, how did you all decide to do your decay? Looks like your doing a fade? I've been pondering what would be the best way for us to do this in 0 A.D..

I think the best options would be to fade it (like how it appears your doing here), or melt them into the ground (just lower their z position).

Question 2: how did you arrive to the decision you did?

I've been pondering what would be the best way for us to do this in 0 A.D..

How about we have a "deathened" and rotting/bloody texture (or decal (y) ) go over the unit and have it sink into the ground slowly until it's all gone. AoM also had corpse decals that would go under the units, but those will take for ever to make.

Looking good guys!

Hey, how did you all decide to do your decay?  Looks like your doing a fade?  I've been pondering what would be the best way for us to do this in 0 A.D.. 

I think the best options would be to fade it (like how it appears your doing here), or melt them into the ground (just lower their z position). 

Question 2: how did you arrive to the decision you did?

or combine both of them (y)

Since this were a sister studio, is DoF going to be free too? I really was pretty active at their forums, but i formatted my computer, and have never visited it again :P

Though, they look good, and I once actually considered the posibility of modding the game. Though i reailized how much nicer WFG were to mem, lol, it may have sounded pretty stupid, but i mean like when i asked a question, they always answered seriously and good.

You guys at DoF didnt, and that is why i atm are modding 0ad. And will continue with this at least untill Viking mod is done properly. And i will probably make another mod for 0ad when that one is dont, but its way to far ahead, and probably i wont use my computer that much then (y):)

Sometimes we loose track of whats going on in the forums (like how no ones replied here yet) but normaly we answer pretty much every question, I supect both dof and 0ad will be modable to a similar level which is alot.

About the decay it was pretty much just an arbitrary decision by me, I had just implimented semitransparent units at the times so it was most on my mind, the units also flatten them selfs as they decay, and were probably gonna add skeletons left behind

I read that Reverie will release a movie of DoF soon, will 0AD have one soon too?

"Maybe"

Lol, sorry for the nearly-cliche'd lamer PR-Guy phrase I just slipped on you guys, but we really don't know if there will be a movie of 0AD soon. Later on, especially towards alpha there most definatly will be (quite a few movies too)