For those who have missed it...

Kumar Shah

Indeed, we all love our shadows (y) They're dynamic, you guys'll notice that in the future screenshots (which won't take long to show up)

Ooo, ooo! let's play a game.

There are some mushrooms in the scene. First person to find them, and post where they are next to which objects, gets +1 to their reputation.

hehe, try harder Argalius :)

@Cheezy: I sure hope you will feed us with screens from now on, been really silent about those untill now. And people keep asking how 0ad looks, and i cant show them. But now i can :P

Anyway, come up with more soon (y)

Also, i have a Q, will there be MUCH blood in 0ad? That often just makes the battles better, but makes the age thing go up :P

ZeZar, you'd be amazed how often your questions are already pre-answered by the website FAQ: (y)

We want our games to be accessible to as wide an audience as possible ... We hope that people of all ages will be playing 0 A.D., so we're obliged to circumvent mature topics like child sacrifice (Carthaginians), bloody heads on poles (Celts), and nudity (Greeks and Celts).

So to summarise, outrageous bloodletting will be kept to a minimum, in order to avoid outcry from outraged parents. Of course, "blood packs" or someone releasing their own non-affiliated gore mods aren't entirely out of the question, but we need to keep the official release "clean" for the sake of the kiddies. :)

@Cheezy: I sure hope you will feed us with screens from now on, been really silent about those untill now.

You will be happy to know that these new screenshots are the culmination of months of "background" coding work being done by our programming team. The work that has been completed very recently serves as the foundation for the great visuals that you (the fans) can now see.

Simply put, there's much more to come!

Three cheers for 0 A.D.! (y)

Hey you guys, nice snow tech. I think they used something like that in Black N White, but their snow didn`t look this good. U guys nailed it. Great work, looking forward to more screens.

Just wonder show does this snow effects performance.

The only performance set-back from the transition of seasons would come from our particle system going on, which would render leaves blowing off trees, snow, or rain depending on the season. You'll just drop a few FPS since your PC'll have to render particles while before it didn't. Otherwise the texture transition most likely won't slow performance. Though at this stage I can't say anything for sure.