Raffle.

Has anyone noticed all the new members suddenly, with the rafle going on? I mean suddenly i see a good amount of people with 1 post, the one in the raffle sign up topic. What do yall think about it? I honesly dont think its fair to those of us that have been here a while(not really me per say, but for those of u long term members.) Some of them have just gone inactive, and i dont have anything against them. Its the ones that joined, Yesterday, and the day b4. THose are the ones i have a problem with.

What are your thoughts?

This new flood of members could be a group of long-time visitors that never saw a need to register. It would be too hard to monitor who has been registered long enough to qualify because people could have secondary accounts, and they could even be guys from RomanArmyTalk that have been closely following 0 A.D. because of Mythos.

I have two things to say (y) :

1. I hope that most people are honest
  2. While there might be ways to cheat I doubt that someone would spend the time it would take to creat a large number of accounts. (Especially since one would probably be able to earn the amount of money a one-year subscription costs in about that time :) AFAIK one can't register more than one account from the same IP-number (I might be wrong though), one needs a different email address for each and one also needs to activate the account by clicking a link in an email (unless I'm wrong, it has been some months since I registered now) and finally one needs to reply in that topic.)

Has anyone noticed all the new members suddenly, with the rafle going on? I mean suddenly i see a good amount of people with 1 post, the one in the raffle sign up topic. What do yall think about it? I honesly dont think its fair to those of us that have been here a while(not really me per say, but for those of u long term members.) Some of them have just gone inactive, and i dont have anything against them. Its the ones that joined, Yesterday, and the day b4. THose are the ones i have a problem with.

What are your thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing. I would, however, just take a precaution and run an IP Address search and see if any of them match.

You'll see a lot of people that signed up months or years ago and then only lurked since that time. It's fine by me. That's one of the reasons we're holding the raffle: to rekindle some interest. Have no worry though, in the future we'll have rewards for those forum members with the most participation. Trust me. (y)

Yes! *Gets motivated to start posting more* :)

I have two things to say :) :

1. I hope that most people are honest
  2. While there might be ways to cheat I doubt that someone would spend the time it would take to creat a large number of accounts. (Especially since one would probably be able to earn the amount of money a one-year subscription costs in about that time :) AFAIK one can't register more than one account from the same IP-number (I might be wrong though), one needs a different email address for each and one also needs to activate the account by clicking a link in an email (unless I'm wrong, it has been some months since I registered now) and finally one needs to reply in that topic.)

Well, technically, you can create more than one accounts with only one IP Address--I myself have three siblings (two haven't posted in the longest time) that are here. Unless it's a new rule that's been waved within the last two years. But yeah, who in their right mind would create several accounts just to win a magazine subsciption? Unfortunately for us, Erik, there are plenty of people in this world that aren't in the "right mind". :banana:

By the way, congrats to Michael for making the most successful topic of the year. :)

True, but if there are a lot of people who've registered in the last few days I'm sure we'll look closer into that, don't think I've seen that many newly registered though, most have been registered at least some months.

And I guess you're right about the IP-addresses, it was just an assumption (y)