I noticed from the SS, the game is 4:3, will it support widescreen?

pothb

Obviously the main part is, if this game will have widescreen support or will it just be standard?

And Can you guys add a page for "features" which would list what you plan to do already and/or what you have done so we can get a clear knowledge of what you have thought as a possibility from our suggestions and your own thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Well< I meant without any stretching of the graphics. Unless you mean you can change teh dimension without affect the content itself. I don't see how you can do that. I've never seen any game do that, cept D2 but you can't do it by hand, they have preset resolutions.

I have a 1280x800 display now and our main menu GUI doesn't work very well in widescreen :P. The rest of the game is fine, though - I think it works until you get around 10:1 aspect ratio and then the camera starts acting weirdly...

OpenGL, mate :(

D3d, and also most game engines are made to maintain an aspect ratio.

I don't think there's an OpenGL vs DirectX difference - they can both handle any resolution, and it's just up to the game to decide which options to let the user choose. There are some difficulties with supporting non-4:3 resolutions, like making the in-game GUI fit properly, and making sure players with wide screens don't get an unfair advantage in multiplayer games by being able to see more, and making sure cinematic sequences don't miss bits off the edges on narrower screens, etc, which I presume is why some games don't bother letting users choose that.

OpenGL, mate :(

D3d, and also most game engines are made to maintain an aspect ratio.

But without getting into all the details, yes widescreen is supported - I run the game in widescreen.

Ah, I meant change the screen by scaling it from the corner of the program. D2 didn't do it either, it was a preset resolution. I think I came off a bit unclear.