If you could help progress 0 A.D. in any way, would you?

Aeros

Would you assist in progressing 0 A.D. if there was a way to do so?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you assist in progressing 0 A.D. if there was a way to do so?

• Definately! Where do I start?
    • I don't know how I could, but I want to
    • I have no time, But I'm a passive supporter
    • Not interested, but good luck!

Great :P

And we will of course want 0 A.D. to be available in as many languages as possible, regardless of whether hundreds of millions speak them or just a few ;) (Got interested in how many who speak Dutch and according to the more or less accurate Wikipedia.org it's about 30 million people or so which is not that few :) )

yeah in the Netherlands live about 17 million people who speak dutch + a few hundred thousand in our former colonies and of course more then half the Belgian population speaks dutch (well actually flamish, as they call it themselves, BUT that's the same as saying American English is another language then English spoken by people in the UK.

And I also speak, write and read German since I live in Limburg (German speaking province of the Netherlands)

So yeah, glad to help you out when it's finished :P

Edited by Ramus Crudelis

Limburg rocks! But to give this post a bit usefulness: Dutch is actually the sixth language on the internet, behind English, French, German, Spanish?/Portuguese?/Chinese?/Japanase?, something like that. So I guess a Dutch translation would atleast have some logic. The question however is, would Dutch people really want a Dutch translation? Some things just sound stupid in Dutch! :P

Limburg rocks! But to give this post a bit usefulness: Dutch is actually the sixth language on the internet, behind English, French, German, Spanish?/Portuguese?/Chinese?/Japanase?, something like that. So I guess a Dutch translation would atleast have some logic. The question however is, would Dutch people really want a Dutch translation? Some things just sound stupid in Dutch! :P

Yeah I know, some things sound silly in dutch (noob= 'onkundig persoon'), but ALOT of dutch people's English is poor, so I figured, it might good to do a dutch translation anyway.

Groetjes uit Limburg

(Greetings from Limburg)

I personaly would love to get involved in a project like this. I sadly have NO skills, but like history and know a bit about Rome, battles - read a lot of books about it. Tried programming and Blender, what can i say - I suck at both. But if you guys would like to recieve some 'advice' on tactics, formations and the game logic I would love to help in my spare time. pasechnikov_ros@hotmail.com

hmm, this is my second post - the previous one somehow dissapeared.

I dont really have any skills (usefull) in programming or modeling. I know a bit about history and Rome. I read a lot of books about ROman times and battles, but I'd love to get involved in a project like this in any way and contribute. I love what you guys are doing and would like to help out in some way. So be it some research or discussion just send me an e-mail. pasechnikov_ros@hotmail.com

Strange that you don't see your previous post, I can see it fine :P

Thanks for your offer :) Right now we don't have much need for that kind of assistance (we're past the design phase and not yet in a testing phase, so at the moment it's hard work we need =) ), but feel free to be around and post in our forums. And if you've got any suggestions/comments don't hesitate to post them, while we aren't very likely to be able to implement new ideas it can if nothing else be inspiring for future games and other gamers ;)

My german is perfect, since I'm a german myself (that's nothing natural..). I would like to translate together with other german-speaking users. So yeah, that's an offer. =)

I've a weakness for soundtracks, I'd really like to compose some ingame tracks for you, but I'm busy with own projects, so that's unfortunately not possible at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Note: I've been observing and learning about this game for darn near to 2 years now. Only recently have I decided to USE my forum account. :banana:

I'd LOVE to help. :banana: I can write really well, and am good at finding out historical facts. Heck, I consider myself a treasure trove of knowledge about the various Mediterranean states, and everything I forgot, I have the material around to find again. :)

I'm pretty good with Photoshop, and even know some cool tricks, such as imprinting a set section of a picture into another shape, e.g. a side of a bus, and stuff like that. I can pick up on computer languages easily and know SOME J#.

So, to organize my functions:

Writing: I am quite able, have the highest marks in my class, and have a thing for writing long, informative essays. ;)

History & Facts: Me+My Dad=Able to fit your needs. I, personally, have studied a lot of history from around that era, as I really like the Greco-Roman time period and its contents. I have also studied a little bit of Egyptian history, and very much Indian history, culture, and social social structure, both from the Indus Valley civ., the Hindu time period, and the Muslim time period, in case you have need for information on those cultures.

Programming and AI: If given, say, a week to experiment and learn on my own, I can pick up on the methods you use to program certain functions and AI. While not my strongest point, I wouldn't call it my weakest either.

Plain old number crunching and Math: To say the least, I simply rock here. I play games where number crunching, and the ability to do complicated math, are REQUIREMENTS for efficient use of the action points available.

Graphics, Imagery, and the like: I have extensive experience in DoGA L3 (A 3D graphics program), Photoshop, Paint (woohoo!) and though I wouldn't call myself an Artist, if you give me some pictures I'll be able to make pretty banners and stuff :banana:

Music: I <3 Garageband. Give me some clips to use, and you can bet your rear I'll have a beautiful track in no time. I have made multiple songs using Garageband, all from the preloaded tunes, that my friends have said I should try and get onto iTunes. :banana:

Overall awesomeness and stuff: I'm learning Latin, have awesome dance moves, and can sing. Why wouldn't you want a strapping young lad like me? :banana::banana:

I'd say that my only problem, really, is lack of resources. That meaning: Computer programs, and computer hardware. No Mac, unless you can magically tell me that Garageband can be for windows, means my music capability is effectively crippled unless I use the school Macs in study hall, which is where I make all my other tracks.

Contact me @ Elciddecompeador@yahoo.com

Thanks for reading!

Politus Aquila Primus

P.S., Long and winding,right? :)

Edited by Politus

I took a college course on JavaScript a few years ago. I'm very rusty on it, but I have used a few other scripting languages since then such as Powershell, AutoIt, and some Python (I work in IT, so I have to keep some level of programming chops up). I've done game mods before (for Quake III).

I'm an avid Linux user, and administer Linux servers in my career, so I would be more than happy to test on that platform.

Do you guys already have your scripting API well laid out, or is still being implemented?

Oh, also, I'm a huge history buff, and have always wanted a game that is far more historically accurate than the Creative Assembly's series (though they are fun). So I definitely support this game concept.

Edited by digimars

• 2 weeks later...

I'd help, but over E-mail I still have school :)

I'm ok @ drawing, I have an over-whelming knowledge of Greece (especially of Mythology) and some knowledge of Norse (Vikings & Germanic Tribes) & Egypt. I can translate Greek & ancient Greek languages, so that can be a help. Plus, my brother & one of my friends know Spanish (but who doesn't (me)) so I can "persuade ;) " them to help translate for the Iberians. Plus the same friend also draws better than me :) so I can "persuade :banana: " him to get a sketch of an idea. I'm sure he will help. One way or another.