Ima new :)

Greetings!

I just found this bookmark and I guess I must have come by here a few years ago

and saw something I liked :)

I'm from Richmond Va, love strategy games. Mostly I and a few friends play co-op

multiplayer games, usually in skirmish mode but also the rare one that offers

scenarios or *gasp* a campaign. Favorites have been the battles of Cossacks and

Medieval Total War II, the unit and building development structure of Cossacks, the

economic/trading model of Patrician and The Guild 2, the diplomacy of Europa

Universalis, the multiplayer setup and modding/editing and stackable waypointing of

Total Annihilation and C&C family and any game that takes the time to develop

a decent AI for playing against humans.

Enjoy head to head too but for me, it's most fun to relax with friends and do

something together. Favorite historical times for gaming have been 43 to

180AD and 1314 to 1648 but quite interested in anything prior to the twentieth

century.

The graphics and the game description I've seen look wonderful! Referring mostly to

the 0 AD game since that seems to be the furthest along, but I read LotR and Sil and quite

a few things 25 years ago, at least 4 times hehe.. so I and some others have lots of

interest in anything related to milord Tolkien.

Is there a FAQ around somewhere I've missed?

edit- I found the FAQ! heh, old eyes, small type :)

Glad to be here

Edited by wayspooled

Welcome to the boards, Ways! Don't feel bad about the FAQ, there has been much discussion on the redoing of them. They're old. :)

The forums here at WFG is, what we call, 'the calm before the storm'... we're just waiting for the kick-off of 0 A.D..

By the by, you can call me Joe. And once again, welcome to the boards!

Welcome!

And to clarify that last thing, it's not really the kick-off of 0 A.D. we're waiting for, that would have been some years ago when the first steps were taken. What these forums are waiting for is ..................

Hmm, not sure, but I'm certain there's gonna be a lot more life here when the game's released, it's gonna take some time 'til we get there. (After all we're "but" hobbyists and when you think of the actual time spent programming etc I don't think we've spent that much time. I read somewhere that a commercial game takes about 2,5 years to complete, I'm sure that number varies a lot, depending on the complexity of the game etc, but it's an ok example. That is with people working full time, and probably having a lot of experience, not doing it in their spare time and learning as they go. And I'm not wanting to criticise someone or turn down your expectations, 'cause this is going to be a great game when it's finished, but just want to encourage you to be patient :))

Again, welcome to our forums, and I hope you'll stay with us to the bitter end huge success time when this wonderful game is finished. :)

• 2 weeks later...