Roman Towncenter

The God of Mods

I made this as my audition project upon request by Mythos Ruler. It is the building in the picture below. I modelled it from scratch and used aom textures to texture it. I hope everyone likes it, and I would like criticism. I havn't finished it yet it still needs some added detail, but I think it turned out well.

Buidling Concepts

TownCenter Building Concept

Army Camp Building Concept

Screenies

Wireframe of TownCenter

Roman TownCenter

romantown-1.jpg

Roman Army Camp

romanarmycamp.jpg

Edited by The God of Mods

I'm glad you like it! Remember this isnt finished I am still going to perfect.

To Do List:

-Fix UVW Texturing

-Add more detail to top of building (maybe some statues?)

-Add little things like barrels and so on

-Raise Arch make it alittle taller

Please tell me what you think should be added, and it will most likely be added.

Edited by The God of Mods

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like them both! I kno the second one is a rough idea of what you want. Just one suggestion for the army camp and i kno its not part of the army camp concept but i think it would be nice anyway.

You could add little towers (not much, same height as the first layer on top the gate.). I could be wrong but ive always seen roman army camps that were enclosed with towers, not much but they are noticable. :( there ya go!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Nov 15 2007, 07:56 PM

TJ (GoM) is around often, but doesn't visit here much anymore. Regardless, Gmax only doesn't work because we don't have a direct export script, however you can export to another format from Gmax, import in say, Blender, and then export out of Blender.

I believe that is the Collada script used in Blender. I don't know if it is actively being developed anymore though.

It didn't seem to work too well in Blender 2.46; (I couldn't get the armature to show up). I think that website said it was best to use it with Python 2.4, but because Blender uses Python 2.5 I only tried Collada with Python 2.5. (I read that one should use the same version of Python that Blender uses.) I need to experiment more with it.

I've already read that post. :banana: (Actually, that was exactly what I tried before that post was even written.) I could get the mesh to import and export, but there were no armatures or actions present. I'll reinstall Python 2.5 and try it again when I get the time. Thanks for trying though.

BTW, Scipii_Alemanus do you use Blender? You seem to know a bit about it. Have you been able to successfully import and export animations to other programs?

I'm wondering if perhaps just the importer or exporter is failing. It could be it is exporting fine but loses the data on import.