how much is the game finnised?

general

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Actually, there is a game were you can press "~" to change all words to Latin, Glory of the Roman Empire. An RTS like none you've ever seen before. Trust me.

Never heard of it, I guess I should probably immerse myself more in the gaming community.

Edited by Silver

Glory of the Roman Empire is a Caesar IV ripoff ripoff... It's really not that great.

Caesar 1/2/3 are good because instead of building houses... one by one, you simply make a zone, like in Simcity (not Societies, that thing just plain sucks like a hoover...), and watch them go... man go.

That's the main difference between the ripoffs and the Caesar series itself, or it was until Sierra decided to change the Traditional Gameplay mechanics.

Even if nothing is in Latin, a month post release there will be a mod doing it.

And Timaeus, they'll post a new one when they do it...

We are gonna space out the screenshots and other media releases so we can release multiple things at once in a media blitz. Probably every 2 or 3 months. The benefit of this is your appetite grows larger for more material and I can justify releasing a bunch of different stuff at once. So, for instance instead of 3 regular screenshots over a period of 2 or 3 months, every 2 or 3 months I can release a packet of media, like 2 or 3 screenshots telling a story, a small video, a piece of music, and a showcase on ModDB - all at once (I'm not saying every release will be so large, but it's a possibility). The other benefit is you are guaranteed to see something new if we space out the media releases more.

We are gonna space out the screenshots and other media releases so we can release multiple things at once in a media blitz. Probably every 2 or 3 months. The benefit of this is your appetite grows larger for more material and I can justify releasing a bunch of different stuff at once. So, for instance instead of 3 regular screenshots over a period of 2 or 3 months, every 2 or 3 months I can release a packet of media, like 2 or 3 screenshots telling a story, a small video, a piece of music, and a showcase on ModDB - all at once (I'm not saying every release will be so large, but it's a possibility). The other benefit is you are guaranteed to see something new if we space out the media releases more.

:) that's why releasing has been so slow :D anyways looking forwards too the next one :)

• 2 weeks later...