how much is the game finnised?

general

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I was just joshin' I'm not insane or anything, but still 0 a.d. is one of the most awesome things in my life right now, but ya I do think I'm gonna have problems with my girl if this game comes out :P

But in all seriousness yeah I'm not addicted to this game (well maybe a little, ok not really, ok yeah really)

but I'm fine.

Can't say it enough, you're all doing a great job, and thank you for doing it.

edit: and you know who else who I should thank? The Romans, Greeks, Celts, Persians and all other Ancient Civilisations...oh yeah! It's all thanks to you Ancients, with your marchin' and your fighting and your conquering, this is all thank to you, you made this happen you guys. You know what? Give yourselves a round of applause, come on, you deserve it, you deserve it. Applaud for the Ancients, give em what they deserve!

Edited by Ramus Crudelis

Maybe you'd like to help development? Are you proficient in Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, Blender or the like? If not, are you good at creating sound effects or even think you have an interesting voice? Maybe you're a programmer, and know C++? And finally, if none of those apply to you, I'd encourage you to try a game like Age of Mythology or Age of Empires (2 or 3, whatever suits you) and try your hand at the editor. If you find yourself creating remarkable things, you could be helping out with the 0 A.D. campaign in the coming months/year!

Well I have developed an excellent english (american or british/australian like) accent, know quite some latin (some greek too) and know how to correctly pronounce both Greek and Latin, can do Arabic (Persian?) accent, and I can talk with a barbarian 'touch' to it, and I got a microphone, and yeah my voice has broken so I don't sound like a 12 year old (I'm only 15 though)

So voices would be rather interesting, but I think most of that work is done, so too bad

I already promised to do the dutch translation when the game comes out too.

(Oh well, oh well. How hard is it for people to read? :P :P )

It says clearly at the top of the page that we're testing using the forums for applications :D No prob though, I can post it up for you. You'll have to navigate to the Applications forum to see it and our replies. (You'll have to wait a moment 'til I've posted it though ;) I guess I should let you do it as a test, a project of this size requires people to be able to read and follow instructions you know :) , but on the other hand you were told to go and fill out a form, so I can understand if you didn't read all the info on that page ;) )

I'd suggest that you upload some example files to one of the many free sites, as that is the easiest. Otherwise just email them to me at feneur@wildfiregames and I'll upload them to our server, would be appreciated if you found somewhere else to post them though, as that saves us bandwidth ;) (Some examples that I've seen referred to are www.megaupload.com or www.sendspace.com )

EDIT: The link to the Applications forum: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showforum=306 :P

Edited by feneur

Read and replied :P

Now the discussion can continue :)

(In a way this is related to the topic though, new members either helps making the game finished earlier, or if they leave the project after us investing time in helping them getting around the project they may even make the process take more time. ;) )

Having watched this project from afar for at least 4 years, more like 5 years now even?

Time Machine

And seeing the recent killer screen shots and all, and the game play video - not having anything to play yet for me, just a pure gamer who loves this genre...what is a polite way to charactarize this....the RTS equivilant of water boarding?

I mean - 5 years is a long time to hang on as a fanboy...

:P

I've got nothing against you or Alemanus, or anyone who prefers to use CE over AD. I've just recently grown to become more annoyed by all this political correctness stuff.

I actually don't prefer it that way, being a cristian whose outdated primary school textbooks always said AD.

My high school teacher got really heated at me when I said AD is all.

Oh and I mean outdated in that the majority of the books where from the 60's and 70's and weren't even close to correct (ie. Barbarians meaning uncivilized ones where a group of people that wandered Africa and Northern Europe...).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I actually don't prefer it that way, being a cristian whose outdated primary school textbooks always said AD.

My high school teacher got really heated at me when I said AD is all.

The real reason the "CE" addition was made: People who want to forget the Pope, Martin Luther, and Paul (among others) ever existed. Ignore such people; in the grand scheme of things, their personal biases don't matter.

(On topic)

All I know about the release date is, when it does come out, there will be a gaming revolution the likes of which the world has never known. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the owners of future multiplayer account names like Gabriel and Michael turn out to be ... not quite human. (y)