how much is the game finnised?

general

I think we should probably come up with some sort of thread or section on the site explaining how far along we are and how much is yet to do - this question gets asked about once a week and we answer it the same every time.

.Im not even expecting to hear that every one in there are working 24/7 to make this game come sooner ready

Indeed, us alleged developers are just everyday people who have work, and education, family and friends and romantic relationships to keep up amongst other interests and projects - I for one juggle this game between an electronic music act., and working fulltime (sometimes double time) doing inhouse quality assurance for relic entertainment and THQ.

It would be nice if we could support ourselves and do this full time 8 hours a day at our own dev studio, but alas things are more complicated than they sound :( Maybe in the future, we have our dreams :P

Edited by Aeros

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, while I'd most definately say that everyone on the team is very talented I'm sure that everyone have learned a lot from the others and the time on the team. No one can be professional the first day they try to do something. Perhaps you don't know much now, but you can always learn enough to get started and then get a part of the team and learn even more. (Now that involves a lot of learning, which may sound hard/boring/not interesting at all, but it is :P )

As have been hinted at before we're planning on ways to get the community more involved in helping us make the game, and also providing possibilities for those without huge portfolios to take part (as if that's the only thing we're looking for even today :( ) But I won't tell much more as that would spoil the surprise for you all (y)

Wildfire Games exists so we can learn how to develop games, the majority of what we do we've learned from the team, or for the purpose of being with the team. For any member to join there is a little bit of skill needed (enough to establish that they can use their software to develop for their skill) and then the majority of what we look for is people who will learn and thrive in our environment and have a passion for what they want to do.

i understand.about 6 months ago i tried to do a mod for mount&blade.downloaded the programs that i needed.but then i thought that im not that good that i could do a mod.didnt know how do them.and i thought that my computer wasnt enough to do those mods. but im happy that i can make music whith computer.i have made several songs.techno most.so now i just play games and mods.

I used to post alot around here, but I decided to become a quiet lurker instead. :P

Haha! Argy, we both know that means you now have a negative outlook on spam. (y) Congrats for making post 2,700, by the way. :(

Michael, will those campaigns be historically accurate? Are you, by any chance, doing Attila's quest for domination? Is there going to be a Flavius Aetius character?

So a select few will eventually get something. That does not make me any happier knowing that I am not going to be one of the select few. But this game is looking great, and I can't wait. Another question though. (I dont want to post a new topic)

I know the answer will probably be no, but for curiousity, will there be any way of choosing "gods" (like in age of mythology) when you advance through the ages? If this is not included in the game will modders be able to mod this feature into the game?

Regarding the "choosing gods" question, no there will not be such a feature in the game as we're aiming for a more realistic style. I guess it could be possible for a mod to have this possibility, but I'm not sure, I'll leave that for the programmers to answer :(

Edited by feneur

• 2 weeks later...

Haha! Argy, we both know that means you now have a negative outlook on spam. (y) Congrats for making post 2,700, by the way. :P

I used to have 4000+, that was until the post in the Fun & Games forum didn't count towards your post total anymore. :eek: But yeah, I don't really like to spam around anymore. I'm working on my own mod project for AoE3 and through that I really got a lot more respect for the WFG team and I understand some of their choices better etc. "Luv ya guys!" :(