Old 0AD Engine.

TrashA

I am currently making a RTS game also, and im kinda clueless on what to ask from my programmers. I saw your screenshots and liked them alot. My game is going to be a 2d game cuz my programmer is a 2d one.

I was wondering, do you still have the old 0AD engine? I need some kind of engine to model after. And if your turning 0AD into 3d, I was wondering if I could have the old engine so I may model my game engine after it.

Hmm, well I was looking around my HD, and I don't have any of the old blitz source code, except for one terrain editor. I have quite a few old compiled demos, but thats the only source code I have. You might be able to contact the maker, but I don't know if he is online anymore.

Maker = Topknot

Demos = just some old stuff he was doing while playing around with blitz basic code

Easter Egg = Its been a few years, but I think it was a building - when you clicked on it it played a sound or something... I forget

Hmm, i think you should give him the e mail :P

Anyway, an easter egg?? Cool, love that stuff. You should concider having that on the website too :P !

Like 100 currency and a rep up whenever you find a new one ? :) !!

I was looking at that site and i found some interesting things. for one, it says you dont need an engine, you are just as well of buying one.

That got me thinking: games like star wars gallactic battlegrounds bought the aoe engine, dose this mean hobbiests like me can also buy the engine?

or on that matter, would 0ad ever consider selling there engine to the public?

Yeh :P Thats the best part of the whole 0ad project :P

Anyway, if you want to BUY the AoK (AoE) angine, you will have to use a lot of money i guess, think about it ...

Anyway, check here: http://www.stainlesssteelstudios.com/ they are selling the engine, and its WAY better than the AoK...

Or was it a 2D only game?

Hmm, you might do something with engines that has been given out, what about making an RTS with the Quake engine ?

Anyway, you should try a lot of things before you purchase the AoK engine, because i think its pretty expensive :)

Anyway, you should try a lot of things before you purchase the AoK engine, because i think its pretty expensive :)

Yepp, I think they took some million dollars for it when they sold it SWGB... also, Microsoft didn't like that deal very much (but could not do anything against it because at that time, ES was still an independent company), and they won't allow it again :P

However, in theory... with our modding capabilities, you could practically make your own game over top of 0 A.D..  Being that 0 A.D. is absolutely free, you don't pay a dime.  You also don't have to do any hard core programming either :)

its that part thats fun, making all the friggin content just takes time :P