Learn to be a Spartan

Mythos_Ruler

Great video! A little long, but worth it! A martial artist demonstrates the ancient Greek martial art of Pankration, which includes self-defense, offense, and even demonstrations with hoplite tactics and how they can apply to modern self-defense. AWESOME VIDEO.

http://www.yourgreeknews.com/070410/

Here is the Pankration Academy website! :)

http://www.pankrationcanada.com/

That guy knows his stuff. Pankration is brutal, lots of manuevers that will absolutely destroy the body. I remember reading about one gladiator who was well versed in the art. He managed to puncture the abdominal cavity of an opponent with what we call in karate a "spear-hand strike", consisting of an open palm with the fingers togther, with the middle finger forming the point of the spear :)

It would be fun to take pankration :P

That guy knows his stuff. Pankration is brutal, lots of manuevers that will absolutely destroy the body. I remember reading about one gladiator who was well versed in the art. He managed to puncture the abdominal cavity of an opponent with what we call in karate a "spear-hand strike", consisting of an open palm with the fingers togther, with the middle finger forming the point of the spear :)

It would be fun to take pankration :P

Hmm...

Development Department Leader...

Knows Karate...

Wants to learn Pankration...

*mental note: NEVER upset Paal*

That was awesome. :) Did you see the guys tattoos? Has a couple of hoplites on one delt, and an aspis on the other.

Pankration seems a lot of fun... hmm, I think I have to save up some money for a good aspis and kopis too.

what it meant to bear the lambda at the battle of Thermopylae.

This is the only part I didn't like, because I'm a geek and know the lambda wasn't at Thermopylae. :)