Macros! A pilot mod to test macros potential

Mentula

Hi community!

This is a mod implementing macro recording. With the Macros mod, a player can:

1. Start recording, with a hotkey.
  2. Do some actions. Any action.
  3. Stop recording, with the same hotkey.
  4. Execute the recorded sequence of actions with a hotkey press, at any time during the game.

I see great potential in macros. The more I think about it, the more I find use cases. Therefore, I propose: try the Macros mod, find use cases and share them.

There's much space for new features (and you're welcome to suggest); more than that, I'm very interested in the game-changing aspects of macros.

Be aware that...

This mod executes automated actions. This can be considered as a cheat. When you play a game with this mod, make sure other players are aware you are using this mod and agree.

Installation

Click here to download the latest release. Install following the official 0 A.D. guide: How to install mods?

Alternative downloads: Latest Release (.pyromod) | Latest Release (.zip) | Older Releases

Contribute

The public repository is at this page. Everybody is very welcome to contribute, suggest, fork or simply give feedback. Have fun!

Edited by Mentula
inserted warning that mod is a cheat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 02/06/2023 at 9:03 AM, Mentula said:

The public repository is at this page. Everybody is very welcome to contribute, suggest, fork or simply give feedback.

wow that sound unbelievable cool.

so if we use the git - version the it works for both 26 and 27 i guess? maybe i simly try by myself ;)

• Like 1

Just now, nani said:

From the code I see you only record serializable actions, do you plan to add local UI actions too? If so how?

Sounds cool and complicated at the same time. I'll take note and think about it.

Just now, nani said:

A cool feature would be to show an UI with the steps of the macro after you record it.

Indeed! Definitely worth of consideration.

• Thanks 1

@seeh have you tried with different hotkeys? Hotkeys work fine for me. Also, have you tried using ß and ä as hotkeys for other purpose? To see if those two keys are "special".

Perhaps it would be better to report issues on the project page (page for opening Issues here), so the thread can focus more on other aspects than technicalities.

• Thanks 1