Alpha 27 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

46 minutes ago, Lierbex said:

i was triying vulkan and game in general, is normal that my game run at 30fps? anyway, fps stability is not soooo, is limitated to 30. but downa lot to 9-12. even without units around the area.

I suppose not, do you have vsync on or the frame rate limit ?
How many fps do you have with opengl?

image.thumb.png.9164b12cd9ea3728ffb762d03c99263a.pnglooks like game get a worst performance when i get vulkan. the game goes to 150fps-300 but when i see units or building performance go down VERY VERY FAST.

my specs.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600HNVIDIA

GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop

ram: 16gb 3200mhz ddr4

m.2 hk hynix 500gb, honestly no idea about speed, but is fast.

16 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Sad, but it makes sense. The release is already delayed a little (from ff)

In my experience, merging things in feature freeze delays the release as it introduces new bugs. I don't want to do it this time.

Might make an exception for the password change feature as that seems like it could lift off quite a bit of weight on the lobby mod team & Stan by proxy.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2023 at 10:32 PM, andy5995 said:

@LienRagI opened a ticket on the AppImage repo  and replied at https://github.com/0ad-matters/0ad-appimage/issues/23 and wrote some troubleshooting steps that you could try.

You can reply on that ticket if you're a registered GitHub user, or here on this forum thread.

Output of the rm -v command :

'squashfs-root/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4' supprimé

Output of squashfs-root/AppRun :

Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)

If that helps, the segfault was immediate.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

There's probably just not enough space.

No shute, Sherlock! That's also what the message says. :blum:

I think this (small) war ship should fit next to the dock, that's why I thought maybe the ships have to leave from the front or something. (A bit frustrating, especially since other ships spawned fine.)

But yeah, I agree on the ships' size; in fact I've been complaining about them for years...

On 08/06/2023 at 12:07 PM, LienRag said:

Output of the rm -v command :

'squashfs-root/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4' supprimé

Output of squashfs-root/AppRun :

Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)

If that helps, the segfault was immediate.

@LienRagyou got the segfault, but not the message about missing version information from curl?

I built a new AppImage using Ubuntu Focal instead of Bionic. The filename is
0ad-0.0.27-rc1-27645-alpha-2306120428-x86_64.AppImage  and it's available at https://github.com/0ad-matters/0ad-appimage/releases/tag/v0.0.27-rc1-27645-alpha (I have no idea if that will make a difference for you).

2 hours ago, LienRag said:

Yep. As far as I remember, I got nothing else than the segfault.

I'll try the new AppImage in a few days.

So... maybe not related to curl at all. If whatever's causing the segfault is fixed, the curl message would probably display just as a non-fatal warning (unless it were removed).

Is there some kind of testing macro? It would be nice If I could ship e.g. an AppImage together with a Macro onto different PC and other devices and could run a test case for you. May together with hw-probe (Linux devices) you may could get a lot of unified tests and may be able to detect more interesting details.

I'm not so into testing manually.