Alpha 27 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

35 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

Did I understand correctly that it was reproduced only once for OpenGL ARB but not anymore?

Maybe it happened once (unreliable narrator). I tried it ten times again and it didn't happen; maybe we could say it doesn't happen with OGA.

37 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

Could you (if time permits) install Vulkan SDK? And run vkcube.exe from there?

Did so. The cube woke up fine. Anything else I can do (with that)?

18 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Did so. The cube woke up fine. Anything else I can do (with that)?

Thank you! Yes, I have few ideas to check.

• add the following line to your user.cfg and run:
renderer.backend.vulkan.disabledescriptorindexing = "true"
  • add the following lines to your user.cfg, run the game (it will be slower, it's ok) and attach userreport and mainlog after that:
renderer.backend.debugcontext = "true"
renderer.backend.debugmessages = "true"
renderer.backend.debuglabels = "true"
renderer.backend.debugscopedlabels = "true"

42 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

@NitroVicky IIRC it's a given technical thing. The AI knows everything going on, I consider it cheating; it knows where your buildings are if it wants to attack and it can build in unexplored terrain.

Understood. I personally don't mind the AI cheating because it's very weak... any kind of cheating to strengthen it would be good. Even if it knows what I am doing, it can only watch its death coming! 

43 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Maybe you can implement blinds for the AI?

I'm not sure how to do that. I think the blinds could be made prettier than just pure blackness. If someone can point me to the texture file of the blinds that would be very helpful.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

https://gitlab.com/real_tabasco_sauce/0-a-d-community-mod-unit-specific-upgrades/-/compare/main...unit_upgrades?from_project_id=36954588&page=2&straight=false

They are working, but I cannot seem to modify the tooltip to change the displayed counter.

Its supposed to be "replace": "string" right?

17 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

What's the difference between the user.cfg in ...\Roaming\... and local.cfg in ...\Local\...?

IIRC local.cfg is for development to override values from default.cfg.

Did the renderer.backend.vulkan.disabledescriptorindexing = "true" line change something?

18 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Anyway, here you go:

2 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Yes they are still reproducible, they only appear for fewer frames.

Thanks! I'll include some changes into the next RC, will see then.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LienRag said:

I get

/usr/bin/AppImageLauncher: /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by /usr/bin/../lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/appimagelauncher/libappimageupdate.so)
Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)

@LienRagFrom what link did you get the appimage from? What is the exact filename of the appimage? Which LInux distro are you using?

6 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

@Obelix Is that Delenda Est? If so @wowgetoffyourcellphone should look at it. Doesn't look like you're in city phase, maybe that's causing a problem.

Base game has capturable farmsteads too. Only for skirmish maps.

@Obelix I'll look at it, probably a mixup when I ported the files from DE to EA. I won't have laptop access for a week though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

https://gitlab.com/real_tabasco_sauce/0-a-d-community-mod-unit-specific-upgrades/-/compare/main...unit_upgrades?from_project_id=36954588&page=2&straight=false

They are working, but I cannot seem to modify the tooltip to change the displayed counter.

"Displayed Counter" I am unsure what you mean.

10 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

{ "value": "Identity/Tooltip", "replace": "Counters: 1.5× vs Cavalry" }

@Freagarach^ ?

On 02/06/2023 at 9:09 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Base game has capturable farmsteads too. Only for skirmish maps.

I would like to change slightly the appearance of these capturable objects so that they are not confused or that it is more evident that they are capturable and that they are thematic of the map, they can even look more neglected than the models that we have in the civilizations, something like abandoned or in a poor state, although all this is an optional thing.

Although with how busy I'm going to be for the rest of the year, I don't know if I'll have time.

On 02/06/2023 at 9:23 PM, andy5995 said:

@LienRagFrom what link did you get the appimage from? What is the exact filename of the appimage? Which LInux distro are you using?

I got it here : https://github.com/0ad-matters/0ad-appimage/releases/tag/v0.0.27-rc1-27645-alpha which means that it's the 0ad-0.0.27-rc1-27645-alpha-2305191528-x86_64_65744d18aeb7b41697563d9ec7040137.AppImage file.

I tried it on OpenSuse Leap 15.4

5 hours ago, LienRag said:

I got it here : https://github.com/0ad-matters/0ad-appimage/releases/tag/v0.0.27-rc1-27645-alpha which means that it's the 0ad-0.0.27-rc1-27645-alpha-2305191528-x86_64_65744d18aeb7b41697563d9ec7040137.AppImage file.

I tried it on OpenSuse Leap 15.4

@LienRagI opened a ticket on the AppImage repo  and replied at https://github.com/0ad-matters/0ad-appimage/issues/23 and wrote some troubleshooting steps that you could try.

You can reply on that ticket if you're a registered GitHub user, or here on this forum thread.

Edited by andy5995
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1