Alpha 27 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

10 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

A warning will appear warning that the previous version will be uninstalled.

I think I had to do that manually. Apart from that the installation went automatically and without problems.

But for windows users a warning will pop up how unsafe it is to install this; you can just click it away.

• Thanks 1

On 27/05/2023 at 10:27 PM, Gurken Khan said:

I tried all three options and they don't have an effect on the problem.

Does it happen to any other OpenGL/Vulkan game (maybe SuperTuxKart or Warzone 2100)?

On 27/05/2023 at 8:34 PM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

borderless.fullscreen = "false" did not fix it.

I do have a26 and a27 rc concurrently installed, but not running at the same time. I will try later with a26 uninstalled.

Does it happen in fullscreen and window mode?

7 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Setting borderless fullscreen false does not fix it

Just to make sure: you used borderless.fullscreen = "false", right?

Does the only chat window trigger the tearing? Or any other in-game window like options or diplomacy? Is it reproducible in the main menu?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

Just to make sure: you used borderless.fullscreen = "false", right?

yes

It is reproducible (big blue tear):

When starting a single player game setup.

when leaving back to the menu.

not when entering lobby.

when clicking host and when confirming to host

when arriving in multiplayer gamesetup.

when clicking start game in gamesetup

when leaving game setup to go back to the lobby.

when clicking the chatbar to type a message.

when clicking away from the chatbar to not type a message.

not when viewing player info or the leaderboard

when leaving the lobby to the main menu.

in game:

when opening and closing the chat (either with enter or by selection with dropdown)

when pressing backtick to open the console

not when viewing the tech tree

not when viewing settings/options/hotkeys

I can sometimes see fragments of the upper left side of the screen within the tears (for example, lobby participants)

my OS is ventura 13.3.1

25 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

That blue stuff they used to paint themselves.

Ah that. It was an oversight from Alpha 26 (the fact they were naked, not the woad per se). @Genava55 pointed it out as soon as it came out. And since we didn't have a "b" release we could not fix it.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 11:22 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

elephant_tower.png tusk_spikes.png breeding_herd.png elephant_mahout.png

Excellent.

I would be more than happy to think of some techs for these icons.

In fact I could add eles to the roster for unit specific upgrades, use two of these, probably the 2nd and 3rd there, and then the 1st and 4th could be unique techs for a certain civ or group of civs.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Excellent.

I would be more than happy to think of some techs for these icons.

In fact I could add eles to the roster for unit specific upgrades, use two of these, probably the 2nd and 3rd there, and then the 1st and 4th could be unique techs for a certain civ or group of civs.

1. looks like an armor upgrade, 2. like a melee damage upgrade, 3. like a husbandry (production time) upgrade and 4. like a circus upgrade I don't know; ranged or leadership upgrade could be thinkable. 

Unit spec upgrades: eles

researched from the ele stable (if some civ ever has ele mercs, they would just be researched from that building)

On 29/05/2023 at 11:22 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

elephant_tower.png

Howdah

Elephants (melee and ranged) +1 pierce armor

4 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

elephant_mahout.png

Battlefield intimidation

Elephants (melee and ranged) gain 1.5x counter to cavalry.

These two upgrades should work out pretty well to accomodate both melee and ranged eles. Also they will help elephants endure into the late game against cavalry and ranged cavalry in particular.

The other two can be 'Tusk spikes', a unique upgrade bolstering the splash attack at the expense of further reducing crush damage, while the remaining can be a building upgrade for the ele stables for healing eles inside.

27 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Unit spec upgrades: eles

researched from the ele stable (if some civ ever has ele mercs, they would just be researched from that building)

Howdah

Elephants (melee and ranged) +1 pierce armor

Battlefield intimidation

Elephants (melee and ranged) gain 1.5x counter to cavalry.

These two upgrades should work out pretty well to accomodate both melee and ranged eles. Also they will help elephants endure into the late game against cavalry and ranged cavalry in particular.

The other two can be 'Tusk spikes', a unique upgrade bolstering the splash attack at the expense of further reducing crush damage, while the remaining can be a building upgrade for the ele stables for healing eles inside.

It would be excellent to keep adding more technologies to the game so that it takes shape, sometimes I feel that our technology tree has remained in the basics and we have stopped developing it.

It would be good to continue including the technologies of the great regions of the world, for example the technologies of Asia, the technologies of the Greco-Roman world, the technologies of North Africa and the Middle East with the particularities that India has. India shares similarities with the Middle East and a little bit with Africa.

7 hours ago, LienRag said:

I get

/usr/bin/AppImageLauncher: /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by /usr/bin/../lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/appimagelauncher/libappimageupdate.so)
Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)

Do you get that error as soon as you launch the appimage? If so I would suggest reporting that on the Github or directly to @andy5995

• Thanks 1

On 01/06/2023 at 1:12 AM, Gurken Khan said:

0ad-volcano2.jpg.3935a0fd60c350ba09e1c11819c11539.jpg

The inside of the volcano on Volcanic Lands still looks badly stitched.

I fixed one then realised the filename was lava_test_0x.dds and none of one actually tiles. Ideally we'd need new ones. Here is the one I made for posterity. In gimp layer > transform > offset (shift + ctrl + o) by half, then use the clone tool to patch things up, and offset again.

lava_test_03.png

• Like 2

On 29/05/2023 at 11:48 PM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

yes

It is reproducible (big blue tear):

Thank you for testing! Is it reproducible if disable V-Sync but use FPS throttling?

On 29/05/2023 at 11:47 PM, Gurken Khan said:

DL'ed, installed; guess it's Vulkan only, didn't find an option to change to/from. Notes I found only mention Vulkan for this release. Tried it three times and:

No, it doesn't happen with STK.

Did I understand correctly that it was reproduced only once for OpenGL ARB but not anymore?

Could you (if time permits) install Vulkan SDK? And run vkcube.exe from there?

If you watch a replay from the perspective of an AI, you can see the entire map even if the bot has not explored at all and Revealed Map = False. 

This is not to too bad at the moment, but either you forgot to implement the blinds for the AI, or the AI can see everything automatically. Not sure whether this is an intended feature or a bug. 

Watching player replays are fine. There is the blind to cover unexplored area. 

Edited by NitroVicky
  • Like 1