Where did it go and what happened?! :P

ZeZar

Good morning everyone ... i missed the train that where supposed to transport me to school today, so well ... its a day off for me.

I thought i'd stop by here now, it's been so long. Have a pretty big exam tomorrow however so just dropping by to explain. Don't really know if anyone cares at all, but i feel that i should try to explain (quit english class last summer so its worse than ever now :\)...

Anyway, i don't really remember when it happened, but Viking mod / Rise of Vikings / Rise of the Vikings mod "shut down" fast and non of us really cared to save it ... I were really busy with my ... yeah, Counter Strike career, and i think i was the one who tied us all together, so when i stopped talking and planning, it just fell apart..

Anyway, i quit cs 8-10 months ago and have followed the development of 0ad for a while, but havent been active on the forums for a long time ... hope that change.

I have been really busy with schools and parties and friends, but things seems to slow down now. Plus i have quit smoking! =D

Anyway ... i dont really think i can start up this project, at least not without Curufinwe, which i havent spoken to in a year or something, has he been around here for a while? Ill try texting him on MSN or something =p

Well, my real reason for making this thread is to see if there is someone out there who want the stuff we made...

We had a crappy homepage, but we had some nice, actually we had some REALLY nice sketches, and some great models (dont really know if i can get them though, but ill try if anyone wants them), skins and a TON of documents! A pretty big Designer Document which explains everything about everything i think, and all of the ideas. In addition i have documents from early forumdiscussions so you can see how we did things and how we made our decitions.

I really hope someone wants to start it up, since i really doubt i have the energy and time to do something like that. so if someone wants anything at all, just say so here or send me a PM or a mail or something, ill help any way i can.

HMM, this may sound stupid but i really wanna thank the ones who involved themselves in the project, its like a year and a half since i last spoke to them so pretty hard to remember them all, but ...

Argalin

Kevin (Argalius)

The historian from really far north in norway

The other Norwegian who made models

Curufinwe :) for like everything, without him nothing would be done and he was a really good friend actually. =)

And of course the community, thanks for answering questions when i had some =p

So once again, anyone want anything? let me knooooow =D <3 ;)

Edited by ZeZar

Oh I remember this, it's a long time since we worked on it. Alot has changed since then, including myself. I'm not interested anymore in this mod, I'm a HeavenGames moderator now (for the modding forum! :)) and that's what I do now, but after I finish my current AoE3 project I'll probably abandon modding totally, it takes way too much time, I'm not that good and my interest have changed, I have changed. We had quite a few good laughs with Rise of the Vikings, though. 0AD is still interesting so it would be nice if someone could pick it up and finish it for us. ;)

Curu has been gone for quite a long time now - last time i talked to him was early 2006 - he had been transfered to a new school - quite a distance from his home where i think he'd need to travel around 2 hours by train every morning and back in the evening. so there goes his free time ... :)