New Armor System

• 7 months later...

Yeah, I remember this guy. I've seen his Grizzly Suit, his Fire Paste and his 1313 Paste. He has some awesome inventions, too bad the military wont buy any of them. He wants his younger brother who's serving in Afghanistan to be as safe as possible, and his 1313 paste is fairly cheap (cheaper than the Trojan) and he tested if for the CF, but it seems still no takers.

He raffled off the Trojan Suit. Tickets were $1. :( Proceeds go towards the next version of the suit. Looks totally badass. Definitely the next evolution of the combat soldier, especially if it's as cheap as he says. Like the Hoplites of old, men will have to train quite a bit with this armor on, perhaps even exercise in it to become fully conditioned (Hoplitodromos?), but the good thing is the armor ways a fraction of the old bronze hoplite armor. :P I can't wait to see the video of him testing it on an IED.

Yeah, that will be something. He said he couldn't get anyone to shoot at him with the armour on so he hasn't tested it with a living person inside. Can you imagine, "Say, could you be a pal and take this 12-gauge and shoot me in the head? Thanks." :P

On the Canadian Discovery Channel show Daily Planet, he demonstrated the 1313 paste to the CF, and wow. They used the amount of explosives that is the equivalencey of an RPG on a door, ond the door was fine. This guy will go down in the history books as a great inventor. :(

His armour might not get to see action this time around, but in the conflicts ten years from now, we might see near 0 allied fatalities. Not to mention they'll look totally badass in their Master Chief / Robocop armour. (y)