Has Building capture been eliminated in A27

Old Roman

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/04/2023 at 1:40 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

C to capture.

hmm. the c key is already occupied in my autoCiv configuration (a important key). i love the old style. maybe a config option , will be nice/possibillity?

Edited by seeh
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, seeh said:

hmm. the c key is already occupied in my autoCiv configuration (a important key). i love the old style. maybe a config option , will be nice/possibillity?

You can put "capture = Ctrl" in your local.cfg under hotkey.session, and delete "attack = Ctrl" there. Then you can capture by pressing Ctrl instead of c.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, causative said:

You can put "capture = Ctrl" in your local.cfg under hotkey.session, and delete "attack = Ctrl" there. Then you can capture by pressing Ctrl instead of c.

IIRC that breaks attack move which is why it wasn't used.

EDIT: I think @Freagarach created a ticket for the default behavior to be optional 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Stan` said:

IIRC that breaks attack move which is why it wasn't used.

EDIT: I think @Freagarach created a ticket for the default behavior to be optional 

Breaks it how? I don't see any problem with attack-move when binding capture and attack-move to Ctrl.

Ah, it's not attack-move that's the problem, it's garrison. You can't garrison in a structure without full capture points if you bind capture and garrison to the same key. https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4908

Edited by causative

I haven't tested A27.

Does this change mean that if I put archers on stand ground near a building without enemy units around, they will shoot at the building and not target enemy units if they approach later?

Bolt shooters and elephant archers also do this and that is very annoying. Also for elephant archers it is difficult to see if the are shooting a building or an enemy unit.

• Like 3

On 21/05/2023 at 6:14 PM, LetswaveaBook said:

Does this change mean that if I put archers on stand ground near a building without enemy units around, they will shoot at the building and not target enemy units if they approach later?

It is very annoying that a squad of archers attacking a building without coercion does not automatically switch to an enemy unit in range.

In Age of Empires 2, there was no such thing with wrong priorities.

On 26/05/2023 at 4:04 AM, Spatalos said:

It is very annoying that a squad of archers attacking a building without coercion does not automatically switch to an enemy unit in range.

In Age of Empires 2, there was no such thing with wrong priorities.

The PreferredClasses of ranged unit attacks is "Human", so they should prioritize units such as other soldiers over buildings.