Sunday Pro Games

MarcusAureliu#s

On 17/04/2023 at 12:09 PM, MarcusAureliu#s said:
On 17/04/2023 at 11:20 AM, rossenburg said:

this event keeps getting interesting, is there a possibility to organise it more than once every sunday because most op players doesnt get the chance to play since it only requires 8 in a single game. Maybe as time goes on we can extend it to game 1, game 2 , players who played game 1 won't be allowed to play game 2 but overall same ranking and awards? 

I think it will be more hard to create intresting, balanced games as player levels would be much more different if 16 players would need to be chosen

On 17/04/2023 at 12:09 PM, Gurken Khan said:

Yes, that's why I used it as reference. Maybe I should have used "AM" too, to differentiate more clearly from 20:00 CEST.

Oh, i see, in my experience there are not many players online at 8am CEST

There are plenty of high level players at this time (americas), but this is getting very late at night. You would see most of them an hour or 2 before 8am CEST.

3 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

11 PM from here.

It is central time on the American continent.

Central Standard Time (CST) is a geographic area in the Northern Hemisphere whose time is obtained by subtracting 6 hours from UTC. During daylight saving time most (but not all) places with this time zone change to 5 hours behind UTC.Central_Time_Zone_CST.thumb.png.6e3fc0b79a216728ece91c7059225ace.png

I believe that after -6 UTC it is still  good time to continue playing.

You can see me awake at those hours and in the morning in Europe some days.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

As you wish. I would instead propose "highlights of the week" instead of one game at a fixed timing on Sunday as that one  game can go wrong and the week is ruined. Players might be nervous and that could affect performance. but having a time to get together is definitely a good idea, though we can have multiple games in parallel.

hey, i'm a bit unclear as to the time for the next event. the initial post on this thread seems to only list a time for last week, ( 16.04.2023 ) which says 20 CET, so is that going to be the time for this today's game as well? ( maybe edit it to say 20:00 CET so it's more obvious, and/or put 8pm, i kind of skimmed past it at first )

i think that's 2pm on the US east coast where i live, ill be hoping to stream it if i get all my errands done beforehand!

also i don't think the total number of pro games planned for this event are listed, or is it just going to be an ongoing thing? i like that idea a lot tbh, but either way it would be nice to have that cleared up

oh, and maybe list who's planning on streaming the upcoming event as well, ( if u werent already planning on doing so ) so folks kno where to get commentary alongside watching it live. ill lyk for sure in the next few hours whether to put me on that list for today

and one more thing ima bug u about, when a team wins does each individual player on that team get awarded one point? that seemed a bit unclear at first as well, but now that ive re-read it it seems to be the case. perhaps alter the phrasing to 'Each player from the winning team will be awarded a single point' or something like that

hope this was helpful, & looking forward to seeing the 0AD Greats duke it out later today!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, zxphxr said:

hey, i'm a bit unclear as to the time for the next event. the initial post on this thread seems to only list a time for last week, ( 16.04.2023 ) which says 20 CET, so is that going to be the time for this today's game as well? ( maybe edit it to say 20:00 CET so it's more obvious, and/or put 8pm, i kind of skimmed past it at first )

i think that's 2pm on the US east coast where i live, ill be hoping to stream it if i get all my errands done beforehand!

also i don't think the total number of pro games planned for this event are listed, or is it just going to be an ongoing thing? i like that idea a lot tbh, but either way it would be nice to have that cleared up

oh, and maybe list who's planning on streaming the upcoming event as well, ( if u werent already planning on doing so ) so folks kno where to get commentary alongside watching it live. ill lyk for sure in the next few hours whether to put me on that list for today

and one more thing ima bug u about, when a team wins does each individual player on that team get awarded one point? that seemed a bit unclear at first as well, but now that ive re-read it it seems to be the case. perhaps alter the phrasing to 'Each player from the winning team will be awarded a single point' or something like that

hope this was helpful, & looking forward to seeing the 0AD Greats duke it out later today!

Thanks for your feedback. I have listed no upcoming streamer as it was still unclear who was available to stream. I am happy to hear you will stream. The standard time is 8pm CET, but in the past it had to be delayed for several reasons. I havent thought of a clear limit of games, my plan was to keep it going until Alpha 27 is released.

Edited by MarcusAureliu#s

I tried to be available yesterday, in preparation for that I tried to sleep a bit as it is too late for me and Monday is working day, but I slept till morning.

It will be convenient for me if the games are happening Saturdays or a bit earlier or we can plan 3 or 4 Independent Team games on Sundays so that I can stream bit early 

and share result with @MarcusAureliu#s and he can update the result here.

Edited by leopard
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, leopard said:

I tried to be available yesterday, in preparation for that I tried to sleep a bit as it is too late for me and Monday is working day, but I slept till morning.

It will be convenient for me if the games are happening Saturdays or a bit earlier or we can plan 3 or 4 Independent Team games on Sundays so that I can stream bit early 

and share result with @MarcusAureliu#s and he can update the result here.

yeah I guess that times that are convenient both for europe and for america, are not too convenient for india. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alre said:

yeah I guess that times that are convenient both for europe and for america, are not too convenient for india. 

The Asian schedule is not convenient for the Americas( continent) in general.

I think it should be divided into 2 groups.

One with convenience to Asia and one with convenience to America.

24-time-zones-of-the-world-IAS-UPSC-gk-Today.jpg.8115a0b27600d3b2be9557da95b0ed77.jpg

For example, there may be 12 hours difference.

For example, New Delhi, India is 8 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Brasilia (Brazil) And 11 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico.

• Like 1