GNUnet

sternstaub

Hello everyone :)

since there seems to be no topic for this yet, i wondered if implementing / using GNUnet for decentralization was ever considered for pyrogenesis. Maybe as additional connection method. If not so: what do you think about it? Does it make sense? i always like to empower decentralized concepts by using them.

Edited by sternstaub
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sternstaub said:

Hello everyone :)

since there seems to be no topic for this yet, i wondered if implementing / using GNUnet for decentralization was ever considered for pyrogenesis. Maybe as additional connection method. If not so: what do you think about it? Does it make sense? i always like to empower decentralized concepts by using them.

Sorry, I'm not IT or a programmer, but what is GNUnet?

Thanks sternstaup IMO that's a great idea.

A simple use case would be to send the userreport over GNUnet to the server. So that the server can't tell from that IP the report is comming.

Idealy we use GNUnet in-game to hide the address to the host. Generaly anonymisation-networks like tor have bad latency but GNUnet seems to have a replacement for udp i don't know how that works.

First we should encrypt the existing infrastructure and look at QUIC.

GNUnet isn't "production-ready" but we are also in alpha ;)

• Like 3