proGUI

Atrik

now much importand. but you have idea whey the menue  looks a bit different in your video?

Screenshot_20230529_232006.jpg.ca96a7923b5ecf9b74614b0f75caccf7.jpg

so that means ? you will sell something (over this barter?) if you get about 150 food back?

me manue look a bit different:

Screenshot_20230529_232130.jpg.f8284b8e09135224f3e3bf96bd2e0b64.jpg

maybe becouse of screen resolution . 1920x1080

i got about 1500 food resouces an press train button and have expected 18 batch sice. but the batch was only 2. hmm

so the top right 18 means it tries to get a large batch size but with max of 18?

so wonder it wa only 2. i have lots food resouces (sorry not in this screenshot :( )

Screenshot_20230529_233246.thumb.jpg.38047659848149d36f5c194df992de62.jpg

Edited by seeh

2 hours ago, seeh said:

now much importand. but you have idea whey the menue  looks a bit different in your video?

The difference is that you have "barter panel" setting enabled and me not. But the menu for trainer is the same so I don't understand why you get confused by it. :sweatdrop:

2 hours ago, seeh said:

so wonder it wa only 2. i have lots food resouces (sorry not in this screenshot :( )

It was probably for another reason, maybe it started training this batch before you change the setting or because you had limited housing.

• Thanks 1

If you have QuickStart enabled :tThe first batch trained may be defined by QuickStart instead of the Trainer when both are active. You can simply set the desired units to train and first batch size in QuickStart settings. The default settings when enabling QuickStart is a to produce a batch of 3 females while doing the starting sequence. :ok:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Atrik said:

default settings when enabling QuickStart is a to produce a batch of 3 females

ok, very good to know that. thanks. that conflicts with my default setting (that i have set before - for years ;)

do you mean a batch of 3 is better?

Screenshot_20230530_234558.jpg

Edited by seeh

1 hour ago, seeh said:

do you mean a batch of 3 is better?

It's just default settings, this really depends on your build order as a player, sometimes you want to have a first small batch of females to build or gather, I personally like to make a first cav unit before any females.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/06/2023 at 2:11 PM, Atrik said:

Sorry @seeh I don't think proGUI is causing this.

interesting. if i disable proGui then i see autoCiv again. and enable proGui then autoCiv-options not anymore. is this only at my PC?

all good. was my fault. ty

Edited by seeh
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Look like you currently have "compo mode" setting.
UI: In this (not default) mode, the % (on your picture, 5 for females) doesn't reset if you toggle (∞) the unit.
Trainer: (on your picture) Will still work like you would expect: Train females, until further input from you.

Example of how to use: Say you start the game and want to switch all production to slingers (either to defend a rush or to lead a assault on some woodline). Simply toggle-on slinger.

screenshot0001.jpg.72d2ac6581e2b09b370518453ac92092.jpg

Once done (you have sufficient amount of slingers) you can toggle off and it will resume the composition training.

If you reset to the default mode in settings "spam mode" (We need to find better settings name lol):
Then you will either see only ∞ or the %, And the value will be forgotten when you toggle-on a unit.

screenshot0004.jpg.0cc65fb1820ea5fea6028624158b57f1.jpg

Default settings, you will only see XX% or  ∞  :thumbsup: But more clicks if you like to change trainer inputs often.

5 hours ago, seeh said:

is it means minimum batch is 5 ? but max is unlimited ?

Maximum batch size can be found in the trainer context menu along the reserves. Here 12. Can change value with mouse-wheel.

513987799_screenshot0004(1)(copy1).jpg.f8706a596c3bccb3e653fdb096e582e0.jpg

Edited by Atrik
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have problem when
i watch replay with the boonGUI view available by proGUI
and not if i watch with boonGUI mod
when i try rotating map.

i use  Ctrl left  for rotate left

this works not anymore if then (it opens a statistic so i dont see the map not).

thats its also text left.

i hope that could be solved. because i love this fast automatic switch to the boonGUI when i watch replay or observer. that will be cool.

this problem happens only in replay watch mod.

Screenshot_20230903_230304.jpg

On 04/09/2023 at 2:55 AM, Atrik said:

@seeh I don't have this bug, It's probably not related, can you double check?

yes, i fresh installed a mod ... now seems fixed (UPDATE: sadly it was not). btw ==> thanks a lot again for this proGUI feature.
here as special thanks for this:

Edited by seeh
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Atrik said:

Thank you @seeh! :laugh:

sadly it works not in little bit longer tests. last quick test was a minute.
Now a bit longer with this feature and found out that the problem happens often also as spectacter a lobby game. not only when replay runs.

i found out it also happens when i press:

• ESC key
  • CTRL+Left
  • CTRL+right
  • CTRL+up
  • CTRL+down

here you see it really good. maybe you have a idea. its not happens when i use boonGUI exclusive/ normal (as i did before):

and was also interesting that it happens less, when this game (at the youtube video) takes longer. at the end when all two players was in phase 3 it was not happens. then works normal

maybe in big team games it not happens? and maybe at beginning in smaller games it happens?

ctrl-tab, maybe you press on it in same time or it's conflicted hotkey. You can also try to load proGUI last in mod if the problem still appear, or maybe disable BoonGUI.

- no, as you see in this video (and other videos from me)
at bottom left in the life keyboard, i not press other keys.

- proGUI last in mod if the problem still appear
thank, idk. not useful for me, for some reasons (its a bit technical to explain)
- or maybe disable BoonGUI. you mean in the proGUI config?

=> i switched back to the auto-enable boonGUI for replays. that works pretty well. not as fast then use the inline boonGUI in proGUI, becouse its need a auto restart 0ad first. so a bit delay but works.

Screenshot_20230905_103408.jpg.dcccf4c8fbc444eb247dc2af84ae268e.jpg

Edited by seeh

On 09/03/2023 at 5:45 AM, Kampot said:

When feature is available to EVERYONE it is not cheating but it is game feature. Use your words wisely. 

Also any new features usually comes from smart people. It is kind of automation (easing manual repetive tasks) and focus more on strategy. Usually this is how game should evolve.

It cannot be considered as cheating. 

Cheating is what gives you advantage and you don't have access to it.

- Game modification which are not publicly available and not possible to integrate to future 0ad version to enhance game play
- Modification of game stats
- Physical hw cheatings / different HW (faster, better mouse, mechanical keyboard...) these nobody considers, but gives huge advantage in response times.  Auto-aim, multiclicks... etc..

is taking steroids cheating in sports?  there are people who have access to them but dont want to risk the long term consequences. I get there are no health concerns if you use it or not... but i disagree with it can not be cheating if everyone has access to it.  I am getting fed up with ProGui as well.  GUI, I'm all for.  But the more things you automate the less a human has to think... it takes away from the people who are quick thinkers/decision makers. evens that out IMO.

• Like 1

On 05/09/2023 at 4:23 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

But to add new features and abilities and then use that against players who don't have that same mod is cheating.

When the other player agree? I agree, I always agree to this statement. it sounds very logically straightforward. But total transparency is much more important i mean: