Here is something for you Roman fans and computer geeks...

Caesar

• 1 month later...

what tidetis said makes sense. Have u guys read the book called Barbarians by Terry Jones? He makes a pretty clear case that the Romans were pretty stupid in the technology department. The Greeks and Celts had perfectly functional calendars when the Roman one was still like 200 days behind! :)

Wow, I can't believe I haven't heard of that book. I'll have to check it out as soon as possible - it looks like the EXACT sort of thing I'd like.

Obviously we could debate on which civilization has positively affected ours the most for years and years, but maybe this could be used as something strong against the Romans - I'll take this, and maybe a falx. :)

The 'computer' is Greek, but dates to the period of Roman occupation.

It's still Greek though, not Roman, so the title is misleading.

Edited by FirePowa8

The Romans were by no means "stupid" in the technology department. I think a better word would be "Non-innovative." They imitated most of the Ancient Greek technology, but then also expanded upon it for their own needs. They didn't event many great technological devices, but they were able to understand and adapt the ones already in existance.

• 1 month later...

I am new here and i dont want to get a bad reputation, but i have to desagree. The last thing the romans are is "Non-inovative", because they developed everything from military strategy, the testudo formation, war engines, by constructing great ballistas, scorpions and even cariage ballistas, they invented concrete. They develop the naval fighting system.

And this is just a small part of the roman contribution.