Fin Whale is shown in Fog of War

alextheo

As the title suggests, Fin Whale is shown in Fog of War. Matter of fact, it is also shown when it has not be spotted before. I first came up to this bug when trying out Corinthian Isthmus scenario and then reaffirmed it on Cycladic Archipelago scenario, too. On the screenshot below you can see the whale in its first appearance on the map.

683383265_Screenshot(106).thumb.png.419b8ec080878658a75f0a4def7f8bb9.png

11 minutes ago, alextheo said:

To be honest I have not noticed that, but I tested the shark and it is not shown even if it has been spotted before. As soon as it goes out of vision and it enters the fog of war, it disappears. 

The shark is more of a decorative object. But then, that should probably make it persistent in fow

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The shark is more of a decorative object.

So are the whales for me.

I never bother with them. Either I don't need military ships where they are, so I don't build any just for hunting. When I did hunt them, they ended up so far from harbors that they weren't an efficient source of food. Or they fled where war ships couldn't follow, because a lot of water maps aren't made for our gigantic war ships.

• Like 2

Something must be done. Either the fauna which is not shown (e.g. shark) or the fauna which is shown (e.g. whale) should be changed to match the other. All moving animals should be treated the same. We should not rely on whether they are more useful or more decorative than others. This is subjective anyway. They are on the same level of "abstraction". Also, how can I see a whale in fog of war which I have not seen before, but when I lose vision of a shark it turns invisible in fog of war? The game needs to be somewhat realistic. 

8 minutes ago, alextheo said:

Something must be done.

...but who do? ^^

42 minutes ago, Thulsa Doom said:

Why not remake the mobile aquatic fauna in accordance with the Age of Empires III,

Such kind of rework can be a big task. Although it is good to share and compare / discuss such idea for improvement, there must be a priority set by the WFG team. There is currently work to be done for the A27 release

You can also try to get into the code yourself and implement such feature yourself, if the forum discussion shows that it is desired :) It is what makes FOSS strong.

Edited by sternstaub