Even when explored, areas stay dark

farima4

Using windows 7 (downloaded the vs2015 redist).

The game runs perfectly fine except for the fact that even when you build an outpost or make a unit go in to the unexplored areas they don't lighten up so it is impossible to see anything. 

It could be because I lowered the graphics, though I reinstalled the game and reset the settings and encountered the same issue again.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Edited by farima4
Added more context and made it easier to understand

12 hours ago, sternstaub said:

Were you before able to play without encountering the issue?

Sorry for not responding immediately, i reached the daily post limit. 

As soon as I downloaded the game I put the graphics down because I knew it would lag a lot (very old pc). So no. I immediately encountered the issue. But as I said I re-installed the game and reset graphics to default and that also didn't fix it.

8 hours ago, farima4 said:

reset graphics to default and that also didn't fix it.

Could you try to add the following lines to your user.cfg (path to the configuration file you might find here: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths)?

renderer.backend.debugcontext = "true"
renderer.backend.debuglabels = "true"
renderer.backend.debugmessages = "true"
renderer.backend.debugscopedlabels = "true"

Also is the issue reproducible for both OpenGL backend and OpenGL ARB backend (it's an option inside the advanced graphics tab)?

Ah, @vladislavbelov, god bless; just asked the questions for someone with much more knowledge to come along :P Hopefully we will be able to solve @farima4 problem now :) 

45 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

Also is the issue reproducible for both OpenGL backend and OpenGL ARB backend[...]?

Right, of course, the backend.@farima4if you are on an old machine, you might also want to test it out with the new alpha (A27, but it is still pre-release) for vulkan backend (which was also added by @vladislavbelov - kudos!). It seems to sometimes make a big difference for old systems performance-wise, and although not related to the actual bug, it might fix it aswell. That is, if you want to play singleplayer. If you want to do multi player, you will still need the current A26 release.

See this topic:

Cheers :)

Edited by sternstaub
clarification

5 minutes ago, farima4 said:

Where can I find the download for it? I only see alpha 26 on the download page. Also thanks for sticking with me through this

I am not sure if there is a pre-built download for windows 7. Might be that you have to build it yourself. There are instructions for it here

But before you test this out, it would be good to provide the logs that Stan asked for. I am also very new to the game, so my suggestion might not help with your problem at all, and building can be a lengthy (30min) process. So, best do a quick upload of the log files first, because that can be done much faster than testing a whole different game version :)

29 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Can you upload the logs mainlog.html, interestinglog.html and userreport_hwdetect.txt 

12 minutes ago, sternstaub said:

it would be good to provide the logs that Stan asked for

Here

userreport_hwdetect.txt mainlog.html interestinglog.html

Edited by farima4
Incorrectly added the renderer flags to the user.cfg file. Now it should be alright

3 hours ago, sternstaub said:

Right, of course, the backend.@farima4if you are on an old machine, you might also want to test it out with the new alpha (A27, but it is still pre-release) for vulkan backend

If it's really old hardware as stated Vulkan won't be available, and the userreport_hwdetect indeed suggests this to be the case.

• Thanks 1