Lock teams after start of game?

Ceres

Hello!

We played with 3 humans vs. 1 AI. As per selected scenario, there were 4 separate teams. We 3 declared us allies right at the start (not fair against the AI :P).

Is it possible to lock the status of allies and foes, e.g. after 5 minutes and until the end of the game?

Well, the kids complained among each other and - despite having agreed upfront to play together, not against each other - started clicking the button to change allies. I fully understand that most people would rightfully argue that this is normal and that kids need to learn, and I totally agree. However, I admittedly was a bit annoyed about it and then thought how nice it would be to have such an option. Now you see the background of my question. Whether it helps to understand it, I don't know, but I fully understand if this is nothing anyone would invest time in.

In case somebody sees other and better reasons to have such an option, feel free to add your thoughts here. :)

Edited by Ceres

5 hours ago, Freagarach said:

What do you mean by "censorship to the max"? (I'm not an English native speaker and may have missed the point, sorry)

Or just vanquish them whenever they break alliances, I guess that works better.

:laugh:

2 hours ago, Ceres said:

What do you mean by "censorship to the max"? (I'm not an English native speaker and may have missed the point, sorry)

I think he's referring to censorship through you. I.e. if you comment out the xml lines which define the buttons to declare someone as enemy -> there are no buttons anymore and the functionality is gone (hidden/ censored)

• Thanks 1

Thank you both, @Freagarach and @maroder!

A bit OT here:

Would it be possible to tweak scenarios likewise, so they offer playing with 4-5 (e.g. 3 humans vs. 1-2 AIs), despite they were made for playing with less players? I ask, because there are several scenarios we are interested in but would only be able to play with 3 (and thus against each other, i.e. without additional AIs to conquer).