Alpha 27 Naming Poll

Stan`

Vote for your favourite name!  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite name!

• Vulcan
    • Hephaestus
    • Ptah (Egyptian equivalent)
    • Kothar-wa-Khasis (Canaanite equivalent)
    • Sethlans (Etruscan equivalent)
    • Agni (Hindu equivalent)
    • Brigid, goddess of spring, blacksmiths, fertility, healing, and poetry (Celt equivalent)
    • Gofannon, Welsh god of blacksmithing, ale, architecture and building
    • Goibniu, Irish god of blacksmithing, one of the Trí Dée Dána
    • Lugh, god of craftsmen, games, arts, oaths, truth, and law
    • Prometheus => Previous name of the engine pyrogenesis
    • Gobannus (Celt equivalent)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Radament said:

You really should add the Mesoamericans. This should add more audiences from Brazil and Mexico. I'm not sure that the Scythians or the next Greeks will interest someone. It is necessary how to do like Microsoft - to add the most "selling" regions, squeezing out investments from local patriots.:P

I'm Brazilian :victory:, but I don't see it that way, I think it's not just because it's a representation of our continent, but it adds more diversity in cultures, units and structures, in addition to the civ of pre-colonial America I miss other parts running away a little from mediterranean // middle east (moders are working on it)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 11:47 AM, Akira Kurosawa said:

You really should add the Mesoamericans. This should add more audiences from Brazil and Mexico. I'm not sure that the Scythians or the next Greeks will interest someone. It is necessary how to do like Microsoft - to add the most "selling" regions, squeezing out investments from local patriots.:P

That’s was what age of empires do with AOE3 and the mexicans dlc 

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, 

Thank you for taking the time to vote! I have decided to go with Agni, as Vulcan really felt bland and I think 0 A.D. deserves better. It also starts with an A, which is a lucky coincidence, but I don't want it to be binding, so we'll see what will happen for the next alpha.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Stan` said:

Hey everyone, 

Thank you for taking the time to vote! I have decided to go with Agni, as Vulcan really felt bland and I think 0 A.D. deserves better. It also starts with an A, which is a lucky coincidence, but I don't want it to be binding, so we'll see what will happen for the next alpha.

Lots of Love from India @Stan` even though I am not a Hindu, Hindu Gods were my favorites in Television series of Om Nama shivaya, Jai Hanuman etc during my childhood.

may lord Agni bless 0A.D. Empires Ascendant 

ऊँ महाज्वालाय विद्महे अग्नि मध्याय धीमहि |
तन्नो: अग्नि प्रचोदयात ||

Meaning : Om, Let me meditate on the great flame, Oh, God of fire, grant me with higher intellect, Oh, let the radiant God of Fire illuminate my mind.  

I wish someone from India give Sanskrit voice to Maurya Civ.
I have a friend who got PHD in Sanskrit but he is not responding to my requests at all.

Edited by leopard
  • Like 1