User Config tips

real_tabasco_sauce

Hi all, I mean for this topic to be a place to share items for the config file that might be useful for gameplay.

For instance, if you find the new map icons too large, you can change their size with the followng:

gui.session.minimap.icons.sizescale = "0.6"

I'd like to know what variable sets the default mouse scroll (or panning) speed.

there's something you may find useful in default.cfg under gui.session.notification

you can change phase = completed to phase = all . You get notification immediately your ally starts advancing to another phase so you can keep in touch. Normally you get notified when your ally has advanced. But changing phase = all will notify you once ally starts advancing to different phase, and after. Been using for a while now so i know when to advance to another stage so i don't stay behind :) . Its not advisable to edit the default.cfg directly , you can make a local settings files (local.cfg) instead. Hope it's helpful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, rossenburg said:

Its not advisable to edit the default.cfg directly , you can make a local settings files (local.cfg) instead. Hope it's helpful

I thought user.cfg would have a couple of options to change scroll speed. The reason I say "default" is because you can change scroll speed with hotkeys, but the change does not persist.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes @real_tabasco_sauce. Look at these lines (and many view-related others) in the default.cfg file:

[view] ; Camera control settings
scroll.speed = 120.0
scroll.speed.modifier = 1.05      ; Multiplier for changing scroll speed

What you might want to do is to copy-paste these lines (and others that you wish to change) into your local.cfg file and tweak the values at your own need.

If instead you wish to change these values in your user.cfg you can add the lines there:

view.scroll.speed = "120.0"
view.scroll.speed.modifier = "1.05"

and all the other lines you want to tweak, with the values you want.

Basically, there are two alternatives: do it in local.cfg or in user.cfg. I recommend the first of the two options; there are reasons for that, which I omit here.

• Thanks 1