mouse scrolling problems?

Randy

I seem to be having a problem with the game.  I am on an Omen 45l with a 49" TV monitor.  I am on Windows 11.  I have a Logitech M720 wireless mouse.

The problem is that when I scroll to the far right with the mouse by moving the cursor all the way to the right, or I scroll all the way to the bottom.  The scrolling stops in either direction, at about a quarter of an inch from either screen edge.  Yet, when I scroll to the far top or to the far left by moving the cursor.  Everything works as it should, the scrolling is smooth and continues as it should. 

Is there a setting I need to know about?

Thanks.

Ok, I followed what you said and increased it to 8.  The scrolling to the far right is good now.  It does not stop at roughly a quarter of an inch away from the screen edge.  I is smooth and continues as it should. 

But...

I still have the same problem with scrolling to the total bottom with the mouse.

As a side note here... if I scroll with the arrow keys, in any direction and for any distance, the scrolling works as it should.  No stopping or restarting at all.

Thanks.

Yes, I have 2 monitors setting within 2 inches of each other.  But they are not connected together.  The one is the LG TV I am using as a monitor, and the other is a 27" iMac with the monitor included.  But, I was under the impression there would not be any bleed from one monitor to the other since they are on different computers even though I have them both running at the same time.  Am I wrong here?

Thanks.

I meant two monitors connected to the computer that you're using to play 0ad. In that case the OS would span the desktop across all monitors, and when the mouse cursor is moved beyond a certain edge of one monitor then it appears on another monitor. Hence it interferes with scrolling if you have the wrong version of SDL.

What does the monitor arrangement look like in the Display section of Control Panel or Settings?

What model of video card do you have? Maybe it has a VGA output that's always active, whether you have a monitor connected or not.

Edited by Norse_Harold

I have a different problem but it’s mouse wheel related. I remember being able to change the batch size with Shift + Wheelup/down on Linux but now can’t on macOS. Same mouse. My mouse middle button can scroll up/down. In the game, it works, and doing so will zoom in/out. But I can’t use the WheelUp/Down for any hotkeys when combined with other key/modifier. By itself it’s okay, but with a modifier, WheelUp becomes WheelLeft and WheelDown becomes WheelRight. Is this normal behaviour?