Vulkan - Testing

2 hours ago, leopard said:

a smaller part of speed up is also thanks to new spidermonkey https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4428 but majority of it are optimisations and restructuring by @phosit and @vladislavbelov, Vulkan helps here with smoothness of movement so less stuttering of units hopefully(not getting units stuck that depends on pathfinder).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, asterix said:

a smaller part of speed up is also thanks to new spidermonkey https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4428 but majority of it are optimisations and restructuring by @phosit and @vladislavbelov, Vulkan helps here with smoothness of movement so less stuttering of units hopefully(not getting units stuck that depends on pathfinder).

It appears "A26" in the video is actually the development version of a27 with using openGL (according to @leopard's comment). So I would think differences between the second and third test can be attributed to the Vulkan backend and/or slight differences in the testing conditions.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

It appears "A26" in the video is actually the development version of a27 with using openGL (according to @leopard's comment). So I would think differences between the second and third test can be attributed to the Vulkan backend and/or slight differences in the testing conditions.

yes as I look at it again most of it indeed is Vulkan but I would also guess the implementation of vulkan itself, the  Opengl and its stuttering is a bit prevailing there because also of drivers, I think.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

excuse me man, it´s possible make a video how install and send info for develop usage. i want to help, but honestly not understand where find the dev version and that installer commands confused me,, last time i basically damage my game and no longer play. due not even open.. xd i really apreciated. thanks.

Edited by Lierbex