Hello there.

Hello, everyone.

I recently discovered this site from Gamasutra.com. I am a hardcore gamer girl, and always have been since the years of Atari when I was able to hold a joystick. These days, I've been looking around trying to perhaps create my own games, or even work for a game comapny. May I ask, how does one get a job here at Wildfire Games? From the description on Gamasutra.com, I read that you guys are actually based all around the world, working together to make a game. I would love to do that, if possible. I really want to get my foot in the door in the gaming industry somehow (as, I'm sure many here on the forums do). At this time, I'm not too concerned about salary and whatnot. I would just like the experience to add to my resume for when I apply for a possible career job in the gaming industry.

I'm a recent university graduate (2004) with a B.S. in Computer Science. I haven't worked many game engines (unless you count stuff like RPG Maker, Game Maker, and the like), but I have working knowledge of C++, html, java, and other languages. I'm currently messing around with a new program called Blitz3D, trying to perhaps create a small game. It's taking some time to get used to though, but I'm keeping at it. ;)

If there are any possibilites of perhaps having me bring my skills and abilities to the table, I would be more than willing to speak further and even submit my resume. Thanks again for taking the time to read this, and I will continue checking this site often.

Hi Arissa,

Welcome to Wildfire Games! Just to make it clear, our team members are all volunteers - nobody receives a salary, and 0 A.D. will be released as freeware. However, our project is ambitious and the goal is for us all to gain game development experience, so volunteering here could certainly be helpful for getting into the game industry. If you're interested in joining us, you should fill in an application form here. This way we'll also contact you to talk further (probably through email or MSN). What kind of work would you be interested in? I assume programming (which we do in C++) or scripting (in JavaScript/XML)? We are looking for people in both those areas, in several fields.

Thanks! Yes, I understand that everyone here is a volunteer, and that's perfectly fine. I am really eager to get some experience under my belt and to have something to show on my resume, so I am more than willing to volunteer and join the team ;)

As for what I would be interested in, I'm looking for programming in c++, though I do have knowledge of other languages like Java, HTML and assembly. Currently, I do freelance webdesign and a comic artist on the side, but I've been mainly looking for a programming job to do, since my degree was in computer science rather than art.

I will fill out the form and send it back to you asap! Thanks! :P

Totally depends, I believe they have to talk with some of the other leaders to confirm. :shrug: But... if you know the right people you could be in within 24 hours of you sending in your application. B)

ありがとうございます! 私はいつかを思い出すことができません。 しばらくでした。

Arissa, welcome to the forums. I just received notice about this topic so apologies for the delay. I am not aware of any applications that have came through from you, are you sure it was successful? Please try again (sorry for the inconvenience), and if we don't receive anything forward the information to me via email: jason@wildfiregames.com

Hello!

I'm Jan, (sad to say) erstwhile coder, now more management and helper due to full-time job. Your test application was received today. Feel free to send the real thing the same way, or via e-mail to Jason's aforementioned address with CC to mine (see below).

Looking forward to reading it!