Wall Garrison

Graham1

8 hours ago, Graham1 said:

Do units fire arrows when garrisoned inside a wall? If so, is the attack strengthened by the number of units? If not, are units healed quicker?

:)

Ranged units are garrisoned on top of the wall and loose their own projectiles. The units on the wall receive a range and armor bonus.

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Ranged units are garrisoned on top of the wall and loose their own projectiles. The units on the wall receive a range and armor bonus.

What about the units within the sections of the walls, like either side of a gate? Units can garrison inside of those.

2 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

I think one of the biggest downsides to garrisoning walls is how few positions for units there are. I know that 8 units looks good visually, but 20 would be much more useful for gameplay purposes. Perhaps 2 rows of 8 for a total of 16 would make the most sense.

Especially if the garrisoned units are javs. The fight basically has to be right in front of you for it to ever make sense to garrison javs. I would personally prefer if they just become like towers and shot out arrows. 

12 hours ago, chrstgtr said:

Especially if the garrisoned units are javs. The fight basically has to be right in front of you for it to ever make sense to garrison javs. I would personally prefer if they just become like towers and shot out arrows. 

Maybe have more damage applied to the enemy in front of you (using javs and pikemen) but have slingers or archers apply less damage but with a further reach. I guess the main reason I garrison my units in this part of the wall is due to an invading army and not having enough towers to garrison in. Better in the wall than on it.