Questions

sniedermeier

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Je sais un peu de francais; s'il vous plait, je puis traduire 0 AD a Francais... (I know a little French; if it pleases you, I can translate 0 AD to French...)

More specifically, I know French grammar well; which, when coupled with my (somewhat limited) vocabulary and a French-English dictionary, would allow me to translate almost anything.

Je parle francais aussi. (I speak French too.) Anyway-

In this game will there be historical events or will there just be heroes, i.e. Megas Alexander and Demetrios Poliorketes living at the same time?

I don't think we'll have multiple-outcome campaigns or branching campaigns. We've talked about it, but it all depends on what kind of manpower we have in the Scenario Dept when the time comes. My guess would be traditional linear campaigns, but don't be surprised if we throw a few curve balls at you. :)

First of all, thanks for this game! Secondly, I have two more questions.

1)When you select a province, will you click on it on a larger map, like Aoe3, or select it from a list like AoK?

2) In these games, will you follow a village from 500 B.C. on, or will you have to choose different campaigns from different periods?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1.) I don't know what you mean by selecting provinces "from a list like AOK." I hoped someone else would understand and answer for me. hehe

I think he's referring to a little sneak-peak view of a certain map that comes up when you select it when setting up a game. Like in AOE3, where you see the outline of a certain area in the Americas, ala Rockies or New England. I doubt you guys have figured all this out yet, though. :)

I think he's referring to a little sneak-peak view of a certain map that comes up when you select it when setting up a game. Like in AOE3, where you see the outline of a certain area in the Americas, ala Rockies or New England. I doubt you guys have figured all this out yet, though.

Our maps do represent certain areas of the globe, so it's possible.

I have a question related the scouts, they will have the ability of automatic exploration?

I don't think we'll have this.

Why?sad.gif , Its a practical ability. You do not lose time handling the explorers through map, instead you use that time in making things more practical, like developing your economy.

Not everybody plays no rush.

:) :)

Edited by FirePowa8

Why?:) , Its a practical ability. You do not lose time handling the explorers through map, instead you use that time in making things more practical, like developing your economy.

Automatic scouting usually does not go where you want, not to mention manual scouting adds more skill to the game.

Edited by Impeached

Automatic scouting usually does not go where you want, not to mention manual scouting adds more skill to the game.

Thinking it, I like the micromanagment, especially a AoK like. I remember when I played AoE for the first time I had to learn quickly to distribute the time between defense, exploring, and resource micromanagment.

Talking of resource mircomanagment, How intense will be this in 0 A.D? like the early AoE games? or far less intensive like AoE III?

(I barely remember if this question was solved in the FAQ, or maybe not)

P.S.: "Inspired" in some way by the words of Scipii_Alemanus, I could do the Spanish translation. I already made some translations of some games, from scenarios to whole game translations like for AoE III and Blitzkrieg.

Edited by Scutarii

P.S.: "Inspired" in some way by the words of Scipii_Alemanus, I could do the Spanish translation. I already made some translations of some games, from scenarios to whole game translations like for AoE III and Blitzkrieg.

I'm not going to do something thats not going to be used.

Talking About the scenario dept, If you are using a scenario editor i would love to help. I've been making scenario's for years I've just never posted one.