Where is the "back to work" button gone?

gui456wSERTDYF

In previous versions of 0AD there was a button (with an engine icon if I recall correctly) that would send units back to work. It was super useful. I cannot find it now.

I am also wondering whether the "delete button" is useful to have it there at all. After all, a delete operation is so intuitive that even my grandpa could figure out that the "delete" key is the shortcut for this.

I seem to remember this issue arising a few other times, mainly the one about it not being present when you expect it to be there. I think the usual problem is that if you happen to make a stray click or give an additional order to some units, the "back to work" button disappears. The button only appears when you go directly from resource-gathering to fighting without giving them additional orders after the fight. Once you've given additional orders after the fight, you no longer get the "back to work" button.

Edited by thephilosopher

@thephilosopher I went directly from resource gathering to fighting, I'm sure I didn't give additional orders - and still the back to work button didn't appear when the trespasser was dead.

Edit: Maybe my "mistake" was that I didn't de- and re-select those soldiers; I did that with those horsies above.

Edit2: Nah, tried that too; guess it doesn't feel like showing up this game...

Edited by Gurken Khan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, gui456wSERTDYF said:

In my case I have never seen it since the latest version of 0AD.

I think that "three swords" button was added then.

For all I care it could disappear again. I never use it, and especially for ships I don't think it makes any sense.

I have never seen a discussion about, but maybe if more people stated that they would prefer other buttons....

• 4 weeks later...