Mercenaries and Wonders

Abadu

The game doesn't have Wonders in the traditional sense. We hope to include some unique Wonder-like buildings for the Scenario Editor, but as part of the game we won't use them (except maybe in the campaigns). Although each civilisation does come with 1 or more Unique Structures with special abilities that benefit that culture.

Ehh, mercenaries? Maybe Part 2. :blush: Not included for 0 A.D. Part 1.

I hated RON's version of the "conquer the world" campaign. No depth at all. RTW's campaign was badass. Too bad it had no narrative though. I'm sure there'd be a way to add a "storyline" or historical narrative to it.

If I may suggest.

It would be cool to give player option which campaign (style) to choose.

Total War style couldn't have narrative. I see it as advantage. Game was allways different and replayable.

Perhaps there could be both (or more) styles available. Player would soose whether he wants conquer the world or story.

I know, that you plan to create historically accurate campaign, but player would play it once. Next time it would be quite the same.

But Conquer the World with it's alliances, strategic thinking, plots and possibility to recreate history would be very exciting for much longer time.

Edited by Belisarivs

i was thinking in rise of nations because i never played rome TW,how is the RTW CTW?

I don't know RoN CtW.

In Total War you start game in strategic view with world divided to provinces. You have only few at the beginning. You can train there units and construct buildings and ships.

In strategic view it is turn-based. Training of unit or construction of building takes several turns. Also moving units on the map takes turns.

When you attack someone (or someone attacks you) with your army and opponent decides to face you, game turns to tactic view in real-time where you face your opponents army with yours.

How is it in RoN?

you have the word divided and you start in one of the territories,you have your capital,if one of your enemies take,he takes control of all your conquered territories(you can do it too),we have a lot of computer controled nations that move to conquer territories,your initial army is represented by a "peon"(like in board games)and you move them to enter in territories(you can only move to territories next to you),when you enter,you start a "normal battle" where you can research,gather and train more soldiers(but you start with an army).in the world map we can see an rare resources and wonders managers that give you bonuses

Its realy cool(in my opinion),i hope that you can understand what i said

Sorry 4 my bad english

RON's conquer the world mode is very similar to RTW, but when you move into a territory you play a game just a like a normal RTS - building, gathering resources, training men. The only change in gameplay above normal RTS is that you start with the army you moved into the territory with. But there's no consolidation, passifying local populations, constructing long term buildings, family members or heroes, etc. No real depth to RON's campaign. Oh also, every X turns the game upgrades to the next age automatically.