Persian Units

Abadu

Babylonians are in :blush: Assyrians are not in as such, but the Asabari could easily be Assyrian as much as Median. What with the massive amount of shared armor and equipment in the Achaemenid Empire among the Mesopotamians and Iranians it will be quite simple to simply state that many are either, despite their official name. Plus mods of Assyrians and Babylonians will be insanely easy to create.

Nope, no Assyrians as such. 0 AD uses classes of troops determined by their armament. Unfortunately for the Persians the roles of spearmen and cavalry archer had already been filled in. But again, practically all one would have to do would be to change the name on the Asabari and change the head gear from a tiara to something more Assyrian to make it such.

We went with a slightly more eastern approach for the Persians, with lots of Persian, Median, Bactrian, and Scythian style influence for them, along with more western peoples like the Cappadocians, Phyrgians, and Mesopotamians. This was mostly because we wanted to use more traditional Persian/Iranian weaponry, which if we were using large numbers of more western nations would not be possible. In the end there is only so many units one can put in before it becomes overwhelming and not an advantage for the player. However modding is the answer to all your desires :blush:

That's our logic :banana:

And yes to create new units is easy, human or building.

Thanks for the answer,the people here are to gentleman

I talked about assiria over babilonia because assiria has famous "units"(soldiers)how the pikeman,horse archers and siege towers,and i dont now much about the babilonia military(can someone talk about this?)

Now some questions:

When the game is finished,the team wil put editor guides on the site?i would be happy with this

And why egiptians arent in?

(sorry for be to curious and make a lot of questions,ok?)

Thanks for your kind words, Abadu!

I too do not know that much about the Babylonian army and I have been quite curious about about it for a while simply because there seems to be almost nothing available to read on it.

Editors will be simple to use and you can expect easy access to information on their use.

Egyptians are not in because 0 AD focuses on 500 BC to 500 AD, outside the time frame of the glorious Middle and New Kingdoms. Ptolemaic Egyptians could be an option to put in, but they wouldn't be the Egyptians we all know and love. Plus Bronze Age Egyptians would fair pretty bad against iron-equipped Greeks, Persians, and Romans.

We love questions, so keep 'em coming :blush:

• 8 months later...