RTW mods

Belisarivs

While I was browsing forums at totalwar.org, I spotted some screenshots of high quality models for Rome: Total War. Those are trully cool. Perhaps you could have a look.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=58839

Go through all pages. Nice screens.

In general, whole RTW modding forum contains nice pieces.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Just an idea. Might help.

Edited by Belisarivs

Those are nice, but most of them are very inaccurate.

A mod called Hegemonia City States based entirely on 5th century Greece had some very nice and accurate models, but apparently these models have been scrapped since their designers left the project. I talked to one of them (Lupus) and he said that the new ones sadly aren't accurate at all. You can see some of his work before they made the changes here. Those homoioi models are terrific.

On the Topic of Rome Total War mods... If anyone knows of any modders from the RTW community that might be interested in helping out with 0 A.D. art, they would be perfect canidates. Please them them know about us and what we are doing here. I am sure their experience with RTW modding would be very benificial.

I've also heard, something along the lines of "The object of war is not to die for your country but make the other enemy @#$% die for his" by Patton

And I cant believe no one has mentioned Rome Total Realism. Much better than the original, better map, more diverse units, etc.. Dont have a link, forgot where I found to their site.

Huh... never would have guessed :blush:. Thats the oldsite which is a little outdated, they have a newer one with, dont think the whole site is theirs but they have their own forum sections. Has the latest realease that the other site doesnt have and stuff.

Edited by CrazyThumbs

• 1 month later...

IF you want a good RTW mod but want to keep the same basic formula of ancient comabt, Rome Total Realism can't be beat. It adds more provinces, waaaaay more units, completely different skins, makes the unplayable factions playable, and just makes the game way more realistic.

www.rometotalrealism.org, though the server's down. Just download Rome Total Realism 6 Gold and follow the directions.

Here is the download link to XGM, the game features new factions, new units, some correct animations that enable elite hoplites to fight in the overhand style, some great new textures, a map that stretches all the way to India, and the list goes ever on....

Extended Greek Mod

i suggest reading the readme before you do anything, it tells you all the things that are included in the mod...ENJOY!!! :)