Genie Bot & WTF

chrstgtr

I'm not a fan of censorship at any level, but of course I can understand to control and censor offensive words in the main lobby.

Still, I cannot imagine a single person in the world who could be offended by a wtf. 
Should I consider it a profanity then? A... profanity? Wtf? Wtf.

Isn't it a little too much?

It costed me days being muted to remember I cannot write "sh1t" in the main lobby, seems like I should prepare myself for some more silent days.

• Haha 1

I think we should just have a personal "profanity filter" setting in the settings menu thats on by default with maybe some way for the user to expand the list of word filtering (into !@%^ - or something), and stop doing any sort of auto modding for profanity. These cases need context and need to be done by a person so that it can be differentiated from verbal abuse and banter for example. 

Though, i'm not sure whats a smart way to support this in multiple languages. Maybe theres a "list of curse words" to be found online. The first comment here could be a good start since its open source and can provide the list in JSON. It would be really easy to setup the chat to filter these words with such a list.

Edited by Grapjas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pemulis said:

I'm not a fan of censorship at any level, but of course I can understand to control and censor offensive words in the main lobby.

Still, I cannot imagine a single person in the world who could be offended by a wtf. 
Should I consider it a profanity then? A... profanity? Wtf? Wtf.

Isn't it a little too much?

It costed me days being muted to remember I cannot write "sh1t" in the main lobby, seems like I should prepare myself for some more silent days.

wtf is a profane slang but these days i think its widely accepted. Even higher level authorities like biden and trump uses it all the time (

• Haha 1