Greetings

I didn't know there was an introduction thread, I already started posting over in TLA discussions.

Hello people. I am a Middle-Earth fan and (supposedly) Tolkien scholar. I've been looking at your project a bit and it looks like it will be very awesome. What you have so far looks excellent. Maybe I'd like to help a bit.

Edited by Ellen

• 2 weeks later...

I'll come right out and ask it..

How tolerant religiously is this community? Better yet, do you manage to avoid talking about religion at all?

Is TLA controlled in any way whatosever by religious fundamentalists? Because if so I want out right away. I was literally flamed out of the last Tolkien community I tried to join because my religion is different from theirs... I'd prefer not to repeat the experience.

Not assuming anything about you guys, I just want to find out before I get flamed.

Edited by Ellen

Is TLA controlled in any way whatosever by religious fundamentalists?

fear not! we are advocating a neutral approach on this topic. everybody is free to pursue (or not) his/her own religious leanings. i can only speak for myself when i'm saying that i am an atheist.

internally it is an 'un-written' law that team-members should not participate in an controversial religious or other sensible discussion - and if they do they should mark the oppinion as their own, which has nothing to do with the rest of the team.

Because if so I want out right away. I was literally flamed out of the last Tolkien community I tried to join because my religion is different from theirs... I'd prefer not to repeat the experience.

perfectly understandable - but to sum it up - we are in no way religious zealots ;)

Maybe I'd like to help a bit.

-> our Application Form