All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yes, ladders and hooks were by far the most usual siege equipment, and galleries and tunnels to undermine city walls were also quite common. It would be great to have that in 0 A.D. some day. Artillery was available only to the largest city-states and kings, who could maintain arsenals and skilled engineers and artillerymen.
  3. Stan`

Cheats Error!

UnitMotionFlying is not perfect and could indeed be improved
  4. gameboy

Cheats Error!

I think the 3D motion of a model airplane needs to be made.
  5. ; Nope, not for the Kushites. There were a notable number of fortifications and fortified settlements which were lost and reconquered many times over in their history, so they must have had their ways. Apart from the mention of "catapults" in the Victory Stela of Piye's ("things" that throw rocks), or the evidence of sapping/tunneling/fire at Buhen, both of which predate 0AD, I have no references to go on. In the Egyptian record however, pictorial evidence for sieges, however rare, do exist. The tombs of Beni Hasan show exactly what you were talking about: they attack the top of the wall with long poles, protected by a light wooden construction, presumably covered in animal hides (not wheeled, but carried). I think the point was to clear the battlements of enemy fighters, partly destroying it. Then infantry could use ladders to climb the walls, or "demolition crews" could start hacking away at the walls or gates, or both. I would argue for a tunneling technology for all civs. So that you train a "tunneling crew" at the siege workshop. This crew would build a little tunnel entrance at x amount of meters from the target structure, and tunnel towards the target (with a disturbed earth decal for visual indication). When the tunnel reaches the base of the target structure, dust particles at its base will provide a visual indicator that it's under attack. After x amount of time, the target structure will collapse. Can be prevented by taking out the tunneling crew by simply destroying the tunnel entrance.
  6. Hello I am using linux, ; Global Configuration Settings ; ; ************************************************************** ; * DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE if you want personal customisations: * ; * create a text file called "local.cfg" instead, and copy * ; * the lines from this file that you want to change. * ; * * ; * If a setting is part of a section (for instance [hotkey]) * ; * you need to append the section name at the beginning of * ; * your custom line (for instance you need to write * ; * "hotkey.pause = Space" if you want to change the pausing * ; * hotkey to the spacebar). * ; * * ; * On Linux, create: * ; * $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/0ad/config/local.cfg * ; * (Note: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME defaults to ~/.config) * ; * * ; * On OS X, create: * ; * ~/Library/Application\ Support/0ad/config/local.cfg * ; * * ; * On Windows, create: * ; * %appdata%\0ad\config\local.cfg * ; * * ; ************************************************************** I have created the file in my ~/.config/0ad/config/local.cfg but it's not loading the configuration. How do I fix it?
  7. Thoughts on buildings: it would be nice for them to move. I see one faction as a nomadic one that is used to exploiting the resources on a planet and then leaving. One of their strengths could be fast but inefficient collection of resources. Their buildings can move, maintaining things like unit production during that time, but if they are idle they can move significantly faster. Some structures could perhaps be even considered more like self-propelled artillery. A huge downside could be a hard cap on how many of each type of structure they could make. Probably they could have a variety of means of transporting troops such as a quick air transport. They would be probably the best faction when it comes to raiding and choosing fights well. Another one could perhaps emphasise buildings that tend to be stationary, but for a nominal cost, they could be teleported to a different location. Their units could be built around providing a variety of bonuses to each other such as movement speed and improved range, making various unit combinations and positioning crucial to effective play-styles. A last faction could maybe have free buildings. These would emerge from the ground usually at a slow rate. The general downside is that typically only a finite number of buildings can be built simultaneously. Perhaps the structures could also have lower hp than others but on the other hand benefit from regenerating hp and some providing healing to surrounding units. Most of their units would tend to be slow, but there could also be faster ones that lose hp at a steady rate. Basically I'm thinking something like space ents. If any of these sound cool, I could try fleshing them out.
  8. https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Protoss_Civil_War IRC, there's a conflict between Tassadar helping and being curious about humans, and Aldaris that don't give a nut and he doesn't care about "purify" all life in the infested planets. I supose that the interesting thing about the last discussion, it's how every faction can have it's shades, giving a more complex factions, instead of the bad vs good guys. Heart of the Swarm kind of try to give it a light/grey shade to the zergs, the ones that lacked colour in the original Starcraft. from a gameplay pov, that also justify conflict inside factions. Star Wars also kind of done this between the new films and the original movies. Seems a general direction of the narrative in the last years
  9. Stan`

Cheats Error!

Always have been. Should be fixed someday
  10. Today
  11. gameboy

Cheats Error!

@Angen Hello, this error has been fixed. But I found a problem: the propeller of Mustang fighter didn't rotate when flying.
  12. Battering rams, tortoises (the protective, slow-moving superstructures protecting men against projectiles), and siege towers are a different subject, but they could be truly enormous, capable of hosting multiple pieces of artillery and numerous troops. According to Vitruvius (X.13.1), the battering was invented by the Carthaginians besieging Gades (Cadiz). Interestingly, he states that the ram was hitting the top of the wall and slowly worked its way down. We know the Assyrians had effective battering ram/tortoise/siege tower machines in the 9th C BC at the latest, centuries before the Carthaginians; they're also depicted as hammering down walls from above (0 A.D.'s Persian ram is evidently based on this): Vitruvius (X.15) describes a very large tortoise constructed by Hegetor of Byzantium; it was about 19 m long and 13 m wide, had a middle flour with artillery, a look-out turret, and a 54 m long battering ram, capable of knocking down 30 m high walls (again implying ramming walls started at the top), operated by a hundred men. Ramming the top of walls rather than the base might seem counter-intuitive (especially when looking at reconstructed medieval rams or most of 0 A.D.'s actors), but it actually makes sense, because walls were strongest at the base and weakest at the top. (@Sundiata, do you happen to know any specifics on siege engines used by the Kushites? Did they also ram walls starting at the top?) Another enormous siege engine described by Vitruvius (X.16.4) is the helepolis built by Demetrius for besieging Rhodes (305 BC), which was reportedly about 40 m high and 20 m wide, and weighted some 150 ton. Of course, ancient authors are more interested in the exceptional and Hegetor's ram and Demetrius' tower were extremes, undoubtedly some of the largest siege engines built in antiquity. Nonetheless, ordinary, much smaller rams and siege towers would still be quite large. City walls 5 m thick and 10 m high with turrets adding another 5 m were not exceptional, and siege towers were supposed to dwarf them, otherwise the besieger would have no advantage over the besieged.
  13. I will combinated several sci fi fiction stories. is the year 10000 A.D (?) the humans are disperse over many high distances over universe., but they dont reach center of this universe... The United Nations becomes a kind of Republic, very old republic, earth was abandoned around 2,492 A.D after evacated the last remain of humans, those survived the last Galactic War. No Inteligent alien life yet until...
  14. Maybe names could be found after a incial design?: Terran are human (we), adaptative, mechanical, cowboys in the space, with autoritarian dictatorships, but also freedom fighters (even terrorist) Protoss are tech aliens, hit hard but fewr and expensive, saviours but sometimes racist and apply genocide, mix of native american and orientalism. Rounded shapes Zerg are the very bad mindless guys, win by swarming and even suicide units. They want to consume everything, but no individual will, organic shapes. "Revolutionary" tech tree were larva morph intro structures or units, that can even morph more Tvtroopes is a good places to brainstorm stereotypes
  15. @Stan` Forget the first time please. That was more for myself. @beau Please start with the Style Guide https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/EnglishStyleGuide It should be supplemented and we have to discuss it with Stan. Andreas
  16. Angen

Cheats Error!

@gameboy hi, I have updated diff, can you test it again?
  17. gameboy

Cheats Error!

Yes. Please help, my friend.
  18. Stan`

Cheats Error!

Did you compile?
  19. I liked the one you proposed. It'd also be convient if it could be shortened, etc, athen spart ptol
  20. Before you can start writing templates (which is easy), you first need to decide how many and which phases, resources, and damage types you want to have, next what kind of unit types, and then what structures you'll need for that. Also, is this to be a mod based on some other game or is it to be created from scratch? If you just want pronounceable alien-sounding names, here are a couple three-letter ones: Zaq, Wer, Yui (just typing adjacent keys ).
  21. gameboy

Cheats Error!

@Angen I tried to get the soldiers in the plane, and this error occurred. This error occurred when the plane took off and bombed the enemy Municipal Center. I've tested the patch. ERROR: Error calling component script function IsMoveRequested ERROR: Error calling component script function IsMoveRequested ERROR: Error calling component script function IsMoveRequested ERROR: Error calling component script function IsMoveRequested ERROR: Error calling component script function IsMoveRequested ERROR: Error calling component script function IsMoveRequested ERROR: Error calling component script function IsMoveRequested ERROR: Error calling component script function IsMoveRequested ERROR: Error calling component script function IsMoveRequested
  22. Brainstorming the Human race... In the original SC they create cowboys in the space. Which name can represent Terran or we the earthlings?
  23. I'm creating this thread to discuss how to make the mod stella artis : https://github.com/0ADMods/stella_artis/tree/master/art/textures/skins Ground Rules: It must play like StarCraft Three factions only Must be set in a futuristic (sci-fi) timeframe Two resources TODO: Find the names for all three civs Create the 3 civs.json Create the templates for all units and buildings Create the techs, auras and whatnot Define the building footprints for all civs (ex 4x4 5x5 2x2.. etc) so placeholder buildings can be used @Lion.Kanzen
  24. Angen

Cheats Error!

Here it is. https://code.wildfiregames.com/D2450, to test you need to rebuild game
  25. gameboy

Cheats Error!

@stan Can you tell me? I can help him test, thank you.
  26. Pinned the thread as it's important and it does not have its own subforum.
  27. We can talk about concepts one can be United Nations of Earth or UNoFs (Terran) then Anunks (Protoss) then Arthrors (Zerg) Make the post and we can make i can history and technology. Concept are important before make whole templates.
  1. Load more activity