0 A.D. System Requirements

Historicity

The main reason why I am asking in here, is because my graphics company [sis] refuses to reply to my questions that I send them, and hence know little about the comparison between other graphics cards... such as Radeon or NVidia. Any help here to clear up this confusion would be appreciated.

You could try googling.

But I don't really know much about that one in particular. If I remember correctly it's an intergrated gpu on mother boards and those tend to be lacking in power.

Shan hit the nail on the head.

As much as I hate to say it, that SiS chip is almost as bad as no 3D acceleration at all, so unfortunately you won't be able to play 0 A.D. on that laptop. You'd need a laptop with an ATI Mobility or NVidia GoForce chip for that. Maybe a high-end Intel graphics chip could cope as well, but I doubt it - better go with ATI or NVidia chips if you want a laptop for gaming.

And make sure that the laptop has dedicated graphics memory. Most laptop graphics chips use a shared memory approach where the graphics chip uses a part of the main memory for texture storage. This results in the CPU and GPU battling over memory bandwidth, so it's very slow.

Bottomline: You'd need a ATI Mobility or NVidia GoForce graphics chip with dedicated graphics memory to be able to play 0 A.D. on it.

Oh, and before I forget: As you're certainly aware, 0 A.D is going to take a while until it's ready, so don't buy hardware now just to be able to play 0 A.D. on it at some point in the future. Once we're nearer to completion, we're definitely going to give you more accurate and reliable system requirements :P

Messing with the innards of a laptop isn't something that is very accessible, which is why I love my old desktop so much (which isn't actually that old, considering it was buoilt September last year).

Bottom line is, you need a desktop of a new laptop if you want to play it.

I have Asus A6Km with Sempron 3000+/1.8 Ghz, 512 Ram and GeForce 7300 256MB Turbo Cache with everything includig WiFi, Bluetooth, Infra posrt I have even build in web cam, and I can run newest titles like NFS Most Wanted or AoE 3 on almost highest graphics and it cost me 1/3 of a prize of an Alienware or Dell or Acer Ferarri notebooks. :P:P lol those machines are just brand you pay for :o .

Edited by Qsr

There is no clear-cut answer about which company to get a computer from. The best thing would be to look at reviews of individual ones. The most important things for gaming are probably the graphics card (take a look at the speed [number of shader pipelines, etc] in addition to the amount of memory, graphics memory isn't that important anymore) and the amount of RAM. As Qsr pointed, many smaller companies might have better value (I've never actually tried one of these though so I don't know about support, but it could be OK).

There is no clear-cut answer about which company to get a computer from. The best thing would be to look at reviews of individual ones. The most important things for gaming are probably the graphics card (take a look at the speed [number of shader pipelines, etc] in addition to the amount of memory, graphics memory isn't that important anymore) and the amount of RAM. As Qsr pointed, many smaller companies might have better value (I've never actually tried one of these though so I don't know about support, but it could be OK).

Exactly. And regarding Asus for example is a company that was Contract Manufacturer for other major companies but they decided that they wont do it anymore and go on with theyr own brand. As for my Laptop Im very satisfied with the performance and so on. I have quite nice graphic card/not the best for laptop but it suffice my needs and the best thing about this is as I mentioned value/performance as I bout it for really good price around 1000 USD. :P