Modpacks for 0 A.D.

Historicity

• 5 months later...

Well, you musn't forget the sci-fi genre of RTS games...

StarCraft II anyone?

In general, not that bad idea, but in fact, Starcraft was only one. Everything else will be just its' copy.

But fact is, that modpacks made by modders usually degrade original game to tutorial (see Medieval: Total War, modpacks for it are so cool, that original game looks in comparison with them really like demo), so I think that it definitely isn't bad idea and modders are able to make it true masterpiece most game distributors would kill for.

In fact, more I think about it, more I like it. ;)

• 1 year later...

I think a Biblical mod would be interesting. I'm no didly-do-darn Ned Franders but I do read from the Bible often (among other texts) and the discription of the wars fought during the post Exodus Judean periods (the times of Judges to the rise of the Dividic) are as exciting as reading Tolkien. Armies of giants, super strong heroes, VW Beetle size hail stones falling, Gideon's 300 soldiers against thousands (sounds familiar), etc. If I had the skill to mod I would build this out of Battle for Middle Earth.

While I cant mod I would love the chance to plan out the mod if I could find dedicated modder to create it.

It wouldn't require too much landscape change to retry the dead Paraworld idea. I bought the game with high hopes, being a dino-fan, but something is wrong with game's coding right off the disk! Sloppy job. I would suggest copying the idea exactly but something akin to the classic Lost World or Dinotopia theme would be cool.

• 1 month later...

Two Romes would be interesting. It might be difficult to find people interested in developing such a mod however, considering that our current Rome is Pre-Imperial, and the differences would be few in number.

Personally, I'd love to see a rendition of an asian civilization from the given parameters (the "prime" point of the said civilization from 500 BC. to 500 AD.). The medieval mod series' are all fine and dandy, but I'm personally an enthusiast of this particular era.

• 3 weeks later...

It'd be Alexander vs. The Persian Empire all over again. :P

What we could also do to promote mods is to include small "previews" of mods in official patch releases - like one or two units or something. What we plan on doing anyway is releasing new content with each patch, stuff we didn't get to making for the 1.0 release. New maps, new units, etc. And of course, each patch will include bug fixes and gameplay balances. :)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, as long as we're still posting in this thread, I'll update to say that PDS is no longer devloping the mytholgy mod (considering we were only in the planning phases), but has begun development on Rise of the East, a mod featuring 3 new factions from the East: China, Japan and India. If you're interested in helping out, don't hesistate to PM or email me.

Japan will be hard, they did not have a distinct military like Han China or Mauryan Indian had. dry.gif

And if ANYBODY mentions "What about the Samurai?" I'm going to conk them on the head with a history classroom ruler and then go on a rant about Ancient Japan. :)

:) any takers???

Edited by Cassador_Chris