YOUR Ancestors

Iberian Beast

Choose you greatest heritage(If present)  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Choose you greatest heritage(If present)

• Romans
    • Hellenes
    • Carthaginians
    • Iberians
    • Celts
    • Persians

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Im latinamerican so I guess I have to choose Iberian, but I think that I also have blood from the american civilizations, probably one of the tribes that populate north america, and also my great grandmother was pure german, so I dont know... :banana:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hehe I'm one of only three who chose "Carthaginians" - They were from Phoenicia, which is around modern-day Lebanon, and spoke a Semitic language much like ancient Hebrew. They were one of many civilizations in the ancient fertile crescent that had a lot in common with what we call today the Jewish people. The Bible describes a lot of trade, intermarriage and religious influence coming from who we call the Phoenicians.

So I'd like to think I'm related to them, though practically everyone with any Mediterranean heritage probably has at least some Roman, Hellenic and Persian blood too.

Edited by Jeru

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Because the Germanic tribes held little to no significance from a historical point of view before Christ. And since 0 A.D. will focus on 500 BC - 1 BC in the first part of the process, they are not present. I would presume some of the Germanic tribes to be represented (at least one) during the second part of this game (call it an expansion set if you want to), since this will focus on 1 AD - 500 AD, and the Germanic tribes did 'destroy' the Western Roman Empire and sacked Rome several times during this period (Odoacer (Odovakar), a Germanic Lord took control of the Western Empire in 476 AD, thus ending Latin domination over Europe).

I'm half Danish, but Norse isn't available so I voted Roman. My Italian heritage is all Pescaran (Abruzzese), which is actually Samnites, Praetutii, Oscans, Vestini, and/or Frentani, I think, not Romans. I'm 1/4 Italian, but 1/4 is a mix of mostly French, English, and Scottish. Since the French didn't exist at the time and are descended from both Gaulish and Germanic-speaking peoples with some Roman thrown in, I figured my Celticness is actually less than my Italianness.

Edited by Aldandil

i voted roman because its the closest thing to my actual heritage: mixed Italian, Swiss, English, and Czech, but im American by nationality

yup. im 100% European mongrel :)

EDIT: d'ohh, i just realized id be more celtic than roman :)

Edited by oshron

• 1 month later...

Ahrlahnd and Hoootsland! All the way laddies! Get yer kilts as we be celts! Grab your blunderbuss and fill up some brits, get your claymore and cut them to bits!

Find your kilts for we be celts, throw your guns down get out your belts, whip them all up throw them around, we want to @#$%ing cut them down!

A Rhyme by Auron2, ;)!

Edited by AuroN2