Crier Website vers. 1.0.0 Review

DarkAngelBGE

Browser: Firefox

Resolution: 1280x1024 - window was set to full screen. It's odd though... if I resize the window, the lines move around and some sizes it works great, while others it doesn't.

(Yeah, I hate gifs, too, but the way Irfanview saves pngs is too complicated for Windows to understand ;) and I don't want to fire up the GIMP to take a screenshot.)

post-390-1113013313_thumb.gif

I think it looks cool.

Anyway...

The border seemss to be fixed more-or-less now...

They never disappear, but still shuffle around a bit when I resize the window. Sometimes parts are 1px, sometimes parts are 2px. And at a few sizes, some segments are back down to 0px.

As I had promised I made a change to the website. I got a little carried away, though. So I changed more than just the thingy :). This is just a matter of personal taste, though, and I'm not really happy with both of them, since it's still missing something, but the overall idea is there.

But it's pretty hard to find a sort of picture that fits to WFG. Anyway, here they are, they are both around the 500 kb, because I saved them at the highest quality to get a good look on full-screen.

Link 1

Link 2

EDIT: My picture host resized them, so I uploaded them somewhere else now.

Edited by Argalius

I like your second idea, very nice.  Breaks up the visual of the website, and it also shares with people a taste of the games we make :)

We could regularily randomize the concept images above like what we do on the 0 A.D. site.

Yeah, that could be done for sure. :)

I think I prefer the first...

The first looks good to me too, has a really busness kind of look. It isn't perfect, though. There should be something on the left side, don't know what though.